User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 130.9K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • And when you reach 200,000 words, the doomsday device will be complete.

• @Alcoremortis said: And when you reach 200,000 words, the doomsday device will be complete.

Hahaha XD

• @Alcoremortis said: So I'm right!

We will never find out. I ceased writing this particular book project at 109, 383 words. Project complete!

However...

Beware the next one.

• Reading the Construct 2 manual now.

I set myself up a fresh dropbox account, and I'm going to save my project on there, (so its always backed up! :D), and I shouldn't imagine whatever I make to exceed 2gb anyway.

So once I get all versed up on Construct 2, I should think about designing something in more depth. Making/getting assets and all that to use.

Just need to come up with a relatively simple idea to practice with.
    (Which is much harder than it seems because I can't bring myself just to do something as vanilla as a platformer or a brawler or something...)

EDIT: At the moment I'm thinking of doing some kind of action platformer that takes the idea of hitboxes from fighting games, and then adding in some crazy enemies that can spam projectiles or something, and then you could roll dodge and air dodge like in Super Smash Bros. Melee, and you'd have to time attacks and that.
    Fast and fluid fighting. Walljumps. Light Stealth.

Dammit. Damn Mark of the Ninja giving me ideas. X_X

EDIT: Hmmm... designing the game around the enemies, rather than the player or the story and that.
    Bit like Dark Souls really. Just cool, badass enemies with increasingly complicated patterns and strategies, and smarter AI. I should just make it like open-world or something, where you just explore and kick ass, and eventually unlock the final boss area, and he's super hard to beat, with multiple forms and that.

• @DAISHI said: It's a good time to live when I can watch a rap battle between Moses and Santa Claus.

Sweet robes, Obi Wan-too-many days in the sun

• @DAISHI said: We will never find out. I ceased writing this particular book project at 109, 383 words. Project complete!

You've ruined the Mayans' prediction!

• You know what time it is?

Tooth Hurty! Xp

• snot buckets.

I asked Steam Support to remove a game from my Library, and they said that since it was part of a bundle, they would have to remove the whole bundle, not just the one game.

Turns out buying buckets of games via humble indie bundle has a down side.

This discussion has been closed.