User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 20.2K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Isn't that spinning platform in the tutorial level? I must have died at least 50 times there before I finally made it through. I'm not too good at 3D platformers myself.

• I haven't even gotten there yet. T_T

• Well, failing Psychonauts, I'd go with... Bioshock.

(I would have picked the original Deus Ex, but those graphics... ugh)

• @Darth Marsden said: (I would have picked the original Deus Ex, but those graphics... ugh)

:mad: The only thing unbearable in Deus Ex is the sound a metal crate makes when it is pushed. Everything else is flawless. :mad:

• I really enjoyed Deus Ex. The biggest problem I had was trying to locate the people who might sound the alarm, especially when they were really far away and only a few pixels. Sure made sniping hard.

There's also the fact that when you shoot someone with the nonlethal stun dart things, they run around screaming for a few seconds afterwards, which isn't the most stealthy thing ever. Cattle prod was fine, punching them in the head was fine, gas grenades were fine, crossbow... I threw that thing away.

I do intend to get back to it, though.

• I made it through the game without firing a gun or throwing explosives at the guards etc. What's your excuse? (maybe that you haven't played the game 20 times before that)

• @der_ketzer said: I made it through the game without firing a gun or throwing explosives at the guards etc. What's your excuse? (maybe that you haven't played the game 20 times before that)

Haven't even played it one time before. I was trying for a nonlethal playthrough, but was having a very hard time with the crossbow, so I decided to go for a stealthy sniper playthrough instead, with mostly sneaking, but sniping when absolutely necessary and the stupid crossbow when I didn't care if I woke up the entire block.

With Human Revolution, I'm trying to go for a completely nonlethal playthrough, as the tranquilizer gun is far easier to use, if a little wonky with the aiming.

• Just a hint: save up your stun gun for the bosses in Deus Ex HR or you will have a hard time.

And regarding Deus Ex: I played my first playthrough with the crossbow & Stunrod but going with a silenced Sniper was more fun. Also: a fully upgraded pistol (with zoom, silencer and a ton of other mods) is a great replacement for the sniper rifle since there is way more pistol ammo in the game.

• @der_ketzer said: Just a hint: save up your stun gun for the bosses in Deus Ex HR or you will have a hard time.

And regarding Deus Ex: I played my first playthrough with the crossbow & Stunrod but going with a silenced Sniper was more fun. Also: a fully upgraded pistol (with zoom, silencer and a ton of other mods) is a great replacement for the sniper rifle since there is way more pistol ammo in the game.

Duly noted on all accounts.

• Playing Lego Harry Potter 1-4 that I got for Christmas. Not certain why, but it gave me quite a headache after an hour of play. Maybe I'll do better another foot back from the t.v. So far I like the graphics, the gameplay is a bit repetitive, but not too bad. Got stuck on one puzzle, but that was when my head started to pound, so I'll try tackling it again later. I'll write more when I've played more.

Add Comment