User Avatar Image

Okay so Kenny's death made no sense what so freakin ever

posted by DatDude on - last edited - Viewed by 592 users

I mean seriously....:mad:

1. He hated Ben..so what's up with the sudden change of heart?
2. He had 1 bullet..the goal was to end Ben's misery..
3. Yet he closes the gates and tells Lee to leave...
4. You see him put Ben out of his misery with the 1 bullet

But than what was freaking point of closing the gates and fighting the walkers? Why the hell was he sacrificing himself..it made no sense. Could he not just shoot Ben really quick and leave? What was the need to stay there and fight the walkers off while locking himself from an escape? What was the point...It was just ugh.

I'm not even disappointed that he died..it's the way he died...sacrificing himself in a seemingly just idiotic way. For what? For who?

I mean..if it was Duck..or Katja..than yeah, i could definitely see why he would have stayed and tried to fight the walkers off. But for Ben? The kid that killed his son and wife..and ruined pretty much everything...i just don't get it.

It seemed tell tale was just clueless in that regard and just wanted to kill him off as soon as possible.

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mornai said: The last thing he can do is spare the person he hurt the most from his biggest fear, and be reunited with his family.

Kenny didn't strike me as a religious person though.

• @JordyLicht said: Kenny didn't strike me as a religious person though.

"Look Lee, you know I care about Clementine, and I am a Christian man..."

• Ah... well, I probably chose to ignore that line :P

Btw, do you have the script ready, or just a really good memory?

• I think he tried to save him since he was in danger, but then again, killing Ben was want he wanted before, so it's rather confusing.

• @Phil_TWD said: I think he tried to save him since he was in danger, but then again, killing Ben was want he wanted before, so it's rather confusing.

I think he initially was going to try to save him, but then very quickly realized that there was no way out of there. Ben says his worst nightmare is getting eaten alive by the walkers, so i think he killed him to spare him that fate, rather than for vengeance. After Ben tells him about his family his opinion sort of changes.

• I like to think Kenny refused to leave another person behind and wanted to defend the kid as long as possile. His cold-heartedness and survivalist mindset just snapped and he couldnt give up on the kid, especially after seeing things from his point of view and feeling sorry for him.

Of course he may have just been suicidal (he has lost his family and boat) and saw it as a good way to go out. But i like the first explanation more :D

• Yea, his sacrifice with Christa is totally understandable, but the one with Ben? That makes no sense at all, especially if we remember his little talk some minutes earlier about not giving up and how important it is to give yourself a chance. Kind of ironic, huh?

• I think that Kenny wanted to commit a suicide in a honorable way.

His family died, his last hope was the boat, but Vernon stole it, so he had nothing left.

He saw that Ben was about to die in horrible suffering and wanted to give him a "soft" dead, and kill himself by the way, in the most honorable way.

If it wasn't a suicide I don't know why he stayed with Ben, he could have shot him and escaped then. And remember that 2 hours ago he wanted to kill ben. It's clearly a suicide in my humble opinion

• @DatDude said: I mean seriously....:mad:

1. He hated Ben..so what's up with the sudden change of heart?

Try playing the game. :rolleyes:

It's pretty clearly a suicide from my view. Kenny had nothing left. All this time, I got a clear vibe of him just continuing on for its own sake, nothing really left behind it.

• The change of ehart came when Ben tore into him back at the house. Kenny realized just how lucky he had actually been, and saw things from Ben's point of view and understood how hard the kid had had it even BEFORE Kenny started treating him like shit. Kenny decided to forgive the kid, and tried to save him. At the very least, he spared the kid from being eaten slowly and painfully.

I still prefer the Christa version though. Instead of only trying to save Ben, he actually pulls through and does save Christa's life, and goes down fighting. It's less suicidal than Ben's scene, and he actually doesn't die for nothing.

Add Comment