User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 22K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah,I bet they're gonna have Clem in the game but not as who you control..I hope they're gonna start the season from the point, Clem saw the strangers..

• @Shrewsbury Survivor said: Carley got shot in the head deal with it. Is the stranger and Larry returning... NO neithers your video game crush. We see you boner in your pants. She wont reappear as she wasnt that key.

You honestly think I want Carley because I'd get a boner? You're really pathetic, empty and rude.

If Doug had been anything like her, he wouldn't have been turned down by the majority, including me.

He just wasn't worth anyone's time, plus she was intelligent, saved lives and knew how to handle a pistol.

• @Phil_TWD said: You honestly think I want Carley because I'd get a boner? You're really pathetic, empty and rude.

If Doug had been anything like her, he wouldn't have been turned down by the majority, including me.

He just wasn't worth anyone's time, plus she was intelligent, saved lives and knew how to handle a pistol.

I haven't played a game with saving Doug yet. Is it worth the experience?

• Well WHY the obsession? She was good I liked her but Its the only logical explanation for people to think she survived a gun shot TO THE FACE. Its beyond "shes a good charecter" to be this obsessed. She had a part and fancied Lee....I could understand with Clem or Lee but its stupid timewasting "oh she may of lived it was just her cheek at point blank range the bullet bounced off it was fake blood" its like people thinking "Lee must be immune"

• And dougs death seems more heroic. Hes a nice bloke

• Personally, I think it will continue Clementine's story, but even if I wasn't given reason to think this, I would certainly hope so.

• I want Lee's jacket from episode 2 to return. Maybe our new protagonist could loot it from the abandoned motel? Unlikely but I think Telltale could pull something like that off , the right way.

• Telltale will come up with a sequel that definitely will please the majority of us, since they got plenty of time to monitor the feedbacks on this forums.

• @Typicaljacob said: What if... They make a connection with the comic/show even more? My idea:

Remember morgan and his son from the tv show? What if season 2 has morgan and his son ? The two silouettes ? One was shorter than the other and i think it can definately be pulled off. Since rick in the tv show told morgan on radio to leave/dont come to atlanta because it wasnt safe. What if the first few episodes are about what happened to morgan and his son after meeting rick? And then around the third or fourth episode or so, they made thier way to savannah but find it only infested. So they left and are walking in the field. Clementine spots them and thats where they join up. I think its be kinda cool to try and make a story out of morgan and his son after meeting rick since nothing about them was shown after that.

Morgan never left the place where Rick met him. In the comics When Rick goes back to Kentucy to get more guns from the police station with his son and Abraham he checks to see if Morgan is still where he left him. He found that Morgan had stayed in the same house fending of attacks from people that were trying to take his possessions over the last 12 months and Morgan's son was killed sometime after after Christmas. So that kind of rules Morgan and his son out for season 2 of the game since they never left the suburbs. By now, I think the game is to far in the comics story to have any more cameos from Rick's group members other wise it would alter what has already been written and Telltale are trying to keep the game canon so it fits in with the comics. The Herschel and Glenn cameos were fine because they were set before the starting point of the comic.

• @Pickles312 said: This is what I said in another thread on the topic:

I don't like the Kenny death. I feel if you killed Ben that should prevent Kenny's death, giving it some meaning. The chances aren't good, butI still have speculations.

1) He wasn't visibly shot in the head like Carley or Katjaa. You don't even see him die.

2) No screams whatsoever. Even if it was a "giving himself up" moment, there is still pain, and he used the last bullet to kill Ben if you saved him in Episode 4, so he couldn't have shot himself.

3) Escapes. If there is one thing that I know about the walking Dead, it's that if you don't see a body, they're not 100% dead. On the show, Andrew was in a similar situation and he screamed then: Kenny didn't even do that. It's definetly possible at least. He started runing down the alley. He could have gone down a manhole or shattered a window. When you look down from the roof you see the swarm over Ben and a few over something else, but not eating. They could have been reaching down a manhole into the sewers.

4) In the end character conclusions it says, "Lost in a herd a walkers." Why not just say dead? Why would Telltale leave that open if he was completely he was not just merely dead, but most sincerely dead?

5) Why just leave Christa and Omid? A couple. Leave all the torn apart people to die and leave the last couple that you barely know alive. To have a defining link that is with the protaganist the whole story just die quick with no real emotional tole doesn't seem realistic as much as him escaping the herd isn't realistic. If this was actually realistic, thy wouldn't leave a pregnant woman and a wounded guy alive and and the capable people dead.

6) This is different that Lee dying. People expected Lee to die, so the everyone dies attitude would presume Kenny dead as well. If he was alive, people wouldn't expect that. As much as people wanted to save Lee, once he was bit you knew it was over. Kenny is kind of a mystery.

7) Tyreese was in the same situation. Yes he had a hammer , but a hammer isn't much either to not only kill someone but destroy every single brain completly. That showed me nothing is impossible. Knny could smash a few heads in I'm sure. He appereciated Lee's company for that and was able to killthe walkers at the gas stations grabbing Duck as he says at Hershel's farm.

8) He ran off. After shooting Ben he clearly runs off screen pretty fast and we see or hear nothing more of him. The scene in the building is harder to tell but it is unlikely he killed himself after that speech and we still hear nothing. So he could have escaped and he wasn't even trapped. The alley wasn't one way. He could have forced out the other side.

So yes, the odds aren't good for him. He's more likey dead than alive, but don't close the door on Kenny yet. Something tells me Telltale wouldn't have cause this suspicion and left the door open if they weren't planning something.

I thought it said lost to the herd. I haven't played the game in a while but if it did say lost to the herd that is another way of saying he was killed. In my play through I definitely heard him shouting out in anguish, I remember because I was laughing my fuckin head off. Me and Kenny never saw eye to eye.

Add Comment