User Avatar Image

Your Opinion on Carley's injury.

posted by CarleyandLeeTWD on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

Ok, first of all, you guys who say it's not an injury but death should just shut up. An injury could be fatally, mortally or slightly wounding. A fatal injury is the same as death. I just used injury cus I don't like being reminded about what happened to her, because I liked her character/personality whatever.

you don't say "Im sorry for his death" to a loved one but you say "Im sorry for his passing." it sounds less grave or whatever.

The point of this thread is: WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON CARLEY'S INJURY? IS IT REALISTIC FOR YOU? WHY/ WHY NOT?

In other words, do you think her injury was realistic/instant fatal injury could happen due to a shot to the cheek? and a shot there could cause that fatal injury?
My opinion is that a gunshot to the cheek will not be fatal. It would hurt a lot, and probably pass through your jaw and some blood vessels, but in my opinion, it wasn't that realistic and wouldn't kill instantly. I talked to my dad and he said that it wouldn't be fatal since it did not pass through the brain but would probably puncture some blood vessels, but not kill. It would cause significant injury.

I think so too. A gunshot to the cheek isn't that fatal. What's more is that she was shot while she was facing sideways, not facing lily directly meaning it passed through her other jaw and so it didnt hit the brain. (if carley was facing lilly face to face it might hit some vital parts like maybe graze the brain) Basically, i don't think it could be instant death. Plus, i don't think it's that realistic for her to die instantly without speaking a word. You can see many guys with disformed jaws still very much alive.
_______
What's your opinion on this? Will it hurt her fatally?

Please respond. :) POSITIVELY. I would respect your opinion, (but i wont if its full of crap and such)

72 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You're looking into it too much, despite how realistic it is sometimes it's still just a game. I don't know why people wanted Carley to survive the bullet so much, it's a much more pleasant thought that she departed the world both painlessly and quick rather then slowly die from an obviously fatal wound (by the looks of it there was an exit wound for Christ's sakes).

• @CarScar said: You're looking into it too much, despite how realistic it is sometimes it's still just a game. I don't know why people wanted Carley to survive the bullet so much, it's a much more pleasant thought that she departed the world both painlessly and quick rather then slowly die from an obviously fatal wound (by the looks of it there was an exit wound for Christ's sakes).

^Pretty much this. I'm glad she didn't die by the teeth of the zombie horde, still upset that we couldn't bury her and instead she's just zombie food.

I don't think that shot should have been an instant kill, but I hope it was. Don't like the idea of leaving her out there alive, she's as good as dead if thats the case! Either through bleeding out or through zombies who would be attracted to the smell.

• it wasn't that realistic and wouldn't kill instantly.

thanks for my question i have asked but people replied - and things like and dougs alive too... because i couldnt phrase it in a way in a THREAD i made saying did the shot kill her instantly or did she bleed to death or did walkers get her - suffering... thanks!

• she got shot right in the head (albeit not dead center but that's not relevant) and fell dead instantly. don't know why you want to discuss her "injury". It was a fatal shot resulting in immediate death.
    Believe me, I have played the game roughly 7 times (due to need for video-footage), I have seen that scene more than enough. It wasn't her cheek.

Edit: My proof the shot penetrated her brain thus resulting in immediate death:

#1 Gif of the shot
    caca.gif

#2 first frame when the bullet hits carley (notice the lightning on the left of her, you can see the angle)
    4ESOV.jpg

#3 frame of bullet hitting carley with arrows representing the flight path of the bullet, human brain for reference:
    USNZ5.jpg

• It wasnt a headshot its clearly shown in the face

• @aaron1290 said: It wasnt a headshot its clearly shown in the face

Just because it isn't dead-center on the forehead doesn't mean it's not a headshot. Forget your counterstrike experience for 1 second and try looking into a biology book for once.

By the way edited my initial post with gif and pictures which should make my point pretty clear.

• Frankly, I just think it was shoddy animation rather than intended ambiguity. Nicole Vigil, Carley's voice actress, has confirmed TTG had already planned to off her months before episode 3.

Carley can still live on in hand canon and fanfic though! ;)

• @dubesor said: Just because it isn't dead-center on the forehead doesn't mean it's not a headshot. Forget your counterstrike experience for 1 second and try looking into a biology book for once.

By the way edited my initial post with gif and pictures which should make my point pretty clear.

Thanks for the images.
    Just to point out, since the bullet hit her cheek and went into the lower side of her brain (forget the name) it is instant death. This video explains well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNTCRBArJ38

edit: opps wrong vid

• Biology, biology everywhere.

• @dubesor said: Just because it isn't dead-center on the forehead doesn't mean it's not a headshot. Forget your counterstrike experience for 1 second and try looking into a biology book for once.

counterstrike? really? you think every typical person who doesnt learn the The Human Brain Anatomy or mind has not read a single book that has anything to do with biology? thats a very very good opinion right there because if i dont read books on the human mind or dont know how a headshot works that makes you automatically a sad person who plays counterstrike from when they wake up and sleep? i dont even play counterstrike because i think i have better things to do with my life anyway fun fact : Not all the kids in the world are stuck in their rooms playing games and on the computer 24/7 they may be where you are but not around on my street it still isnt all kids locked in their rooms playing on their technological objects we do the most stupidest things we explored some uncut patch of land and we used to run into the woods at school with a group 9-11 year olds i dont think that every person you will ever meet plays counterstrike. I am 100% sure that a kid that knows how to read would have by now. I can write a list of books i have red in the past or am currently reading? im trying to do war and peace right now but i find that a Challenge to me but im sure i can find another book to read. Im not joking if you want a list of books ive read send me a message.
    im learning about Anatomy at school and i dont think my teacher would say - ok kids if you get shot at X and with Z the bullet would hit/miss Y and you would/would not be dead

lilly is taller than carley so the angle it was coming from lilly should have pointed the gun down a bit anyway because lilly is taller than carley. thats what i have to say on your angle ^^

and plus she had a 10% chance of living a headshot

Add Comment