User Avatar Image

People who chose/like Carley apparently are shallow, uneducated, for boobs, boners...

posted by Phil_TWD on - last edited - Viewed by 568 users

I can't believe that there's people who think that those who chose her over Doug was because of those idiotic excuses, maybe for a few players that's may be true but definitely not the majority.

Carley saved lives countless times, helped out a lot, shot the walkers, spoke the truth, stood up against Lilly and when Doug was near to that brick on the pharmacy's gate, what did he do with it? Nothing, Lee had to open the gate to get it himself.

TellTale's maybe did this on purpose to make Carley the more likeable character of the two, but there's no reason to be insulting the ones who chose to save her over Doug.

*sigh* just stop this nonsense of calling people uneducated, shallow, only picked her for boobs, get laid, for boner. Just shut the fuck up about those lies or keep them to yourself.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Its not saving her its the post death denial thats lasted months "Shot in cheek bullet bounces off" It was point blank she was a good charecter but as Reggie D Hunter would put it "She Dead" Stop trying to bring a charecter shot in the face back.
    This isnt a you saved her its the death response thats stupid.

• This is an example of out of context not THATS WHY you picked her I saved Carley. But stop the Kenny or Carley alive threads

• @dubesor said: Here is what my initial thoughts were on my very first playthrough (picked Doug btw):

Carley:
    + Hot Chick.....
    + Good Shooter!
    + more screentime spent with her = more sympathy.?
    - dumb (batteries, duh)
    + knows my murder story
    + Women and children first
    Doug:
    Bros before hoes
    + intelligent
    +useful technical knowledge
    + heroic in crucial situations (known from Carleys story about him saving her)
    - very little screentime
    - isn't a hot chick

- doenst know your past
    fixed it in a more traditional way :P
    when did this bros b4 hoes pop up? that in the titanic... would kids be applied as priority over '' bros? ''
    did you feel sympathy for lilly when she shot carley? or doug
    i changed carley knowing your past as a + and doug not knowing as a -

• I saved Carley out of gratitude and respect for her selflessness.

[LIST=1]
    [*]She rushes out of the drugstore's safety to save me, Clem, etc. (complete strangers).
    [*]She stands up to Larry and Lilly who don't want to take in strangers.
    [*]She opposes Larry killing Duck.
    [*]She saved Clem from the bathroom walker.
    [*]She keeps your secret. In a way, this saves your life again because it prevents your past from being used as an excuse to kick you into the streets full of walkers.
    [*]She volunteers to go with me to rescue Glenn.
    [/LIST]

Did Carley being a pretty woman had something to do with my choice at a subconscious level? Probably, I don't know. My first instinct was to save whoever saved me. This was the same reason I tried to save Shawn over Duck at Hershel's farm because him giving me a ride saved Clem and my life.

Like others pointed out, she had a lot more screen time, and all that screen time was mostly about her helping me. It's hard to dismiss that.

Personally, I was not impressed with Doug at all. Carley haters like to criticize her for the battery thing while ignoring the good things she did. Seriously, who here hasn't done something that's stupid and minor? They also ignore that Doug doesn't act very smart either. I mean he suggests going outside and taking a look hoping a flimsy store gate will be enough to hold back walkers. The only reason the pack of walkers didn't see you in plain sight was because TTG writers willed it so and made chilling out side the drugstore necessary to forward the story. Logically, it didn't make sense and was a pretty stupid and dangerous move. I also don't recall Doug standing up for the newcomers during Larry's tirade.

• @aaron1290 said: - doenst know your past
    when did this bros b4 hoes pop up? that in the titanic... would kids be applied as priority over '' bros? ''

Don't use a quote and then edit my text, it is misleading to people who read your post without mine. Because in my opinion it doesn't make sense. If you disagree post it in your post but don't alter my text and then make it seem like you directly quoted me.

• @aaron1290 said: - doenst know your past

Plus, you could in some instances say that technical expertise can be a negative for Doug. Mostly anything his technical skills are capable of cannot be done because he doesn't have the supplies to do so(mentioned in episode 2). Carley's main skill(pistol) requires only bullets, and they are(at least initially) easily found or already stockpiled.

Edit:Also, i don't think Carley nor Doug stand up for Duck when Larry wants him out. The only thing Carley says is "Will everyone chill the fuck out!" which doesn't take sides.

• @dubesor said: Don't use a quote and then edit my text, it is misleading to people who read your post without mine. Because in my opinion it doesn't make sense. If you disagree post it in your post but don't alter my text and then make it seem like you directly quoted me.

you're pretty right i could have put your post copy and pasted it and edited it :/

• User Avatar Image
    MSG

@dubesor said: Here is what my initial thoughts were on my very first playthrough (picked Doug btw):

Carley:
    + Hot Chick
    + Good Shooter
    + a lot more screentime spent with her = more sympathy.
    + Trustworthy
    + Street smart
    + Saves your life
    + Saves Clementine's life
    - not technically savvy
    - knows my murder story

Doug:
    + Bros before hoes
    + book smart
    + useful technical knowledge
    + heroic in crucial situations (known from Carleys story about him saving her)
    - very little screentime
    - isn't a hot chick
    - overweight/slower
    - doesn't like using weapons

Fixed that for you.

• I'll just leave this here. @anonymau5 said: No, people like Carley because she was a good character who got far more screen time than Doug. If Doug got as much screen time as Carley then people would be upset about Doug as well. I picked Carley on my first playthrough, and Doug on everyone of my other playthroughs. Doug said less, did less, and was overall less important to the story than Carley.

• @Kaserkin said: You got to admit that Doug had hardly no screen time in ep 1, and also in 2 and 3, while Carley did. The problem isn't that people saved Carley because she's a girl, but because you don't get to know Doug before making the choice.

This. If Doug had been allowed to confront you in the same way Carly does, then the choice would have been even.

Add Comment