User Avatar Image

If Ben admitted his guilt before Lilly snapped, what would you do to him?

posted by double_u on - last edited - Viewed by 329 users

This is inspired by Red Panda's thread on what to do with Lilly if she shot Ben instead.

My question, instead, is what would you want to do to Ben if he admitted his guilt before Lilly snapped and shot Carley or Doug?

I think this would've created some interesting and intense group interaction while affecting your group's disposition towards you. Kenny would most likely want Ben gone because of Duck. This could be great opportunity to further cement/repair or totally break your relationship with Kenny. Katjaa would be interesting, since she seems like such a kind person who won't act out of vengeance. Lilly would also want Ben gone too, and might even shoot Ben outright. Carley would probably allow Ben back on the RV. I am not sure about Doug since I don't his character well. Meanwhile Clem is watching...

While my heart tells me to give the kid another chance, I think for the sake of the group Ben would be left behind. We have at least two people that would strongly oppose keeping Ben, one is angry Lilly with a gun and the other is Kenny who has the RV. Keeping Ben would inevitably caused further group problems if not bloodshed. By abandoning him, I think it's a middleground on the need to punish him for endangering the group and keeping some humanity by giving him a fighting chance (but knowing Ben, we know it would be a slim one!). If the game went in this direction, hopefully it'll give you a chance to explain yourself to characters opposed to abandoning Ben.

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Shoot him in the cheek and leave him by the road.

• I'd keep him with the group, but of course, due to that, I'd have to talk to him and get to know his reasons more and give him some advice. (Once temper cools down)

He's a good kid, just trying to help out. But of course, he SHOULD be corrected and shouldnt pass.

But of course some people would want him out. I'd tell Lilly: "Give him one more chance. If he screws up one more time, we leave him."

• @CarleyandLeeTWD said: I'd keep him with the group, but of course, due to that, I'd have to talk to him and get to know his reasons more and give him some advice. (Once temper cools down)

He's a good kid, just trying to help out. But of course, he SHOULD be corrected and shouldnt pass.

But of course some people would want him out. I'd tell Lilly: "Give him one more chance. If he screws up one more time, we leave him."

Same plan as this for me, pretty much. Thought honestly, with how much of a wreck Lilly is, i have zero doubt she would have immediately murdered Ben after he admitted it. She attempts to kill him if you have Doug instead of Carley, and he didn't even admit it then.

His intentions are good, so he earns a place in my group.

• If she would have killed ben. I'd slam her again to the RV and give her a lesson like Hershel Greene.

• People make good points about not tossing Ben under the bus. My only worry is if Lilly or Kenny would agree to cooling off first before deciding because both would be an in emotionally distraught state. But I think I'll switch over to the cool off camp, and hopefully Clem's childlike innocence would save the day, like in episode 4.

Yeah, I can see that Ben's action at the inn is understandable. Maybe it could be argued it was a good thing because it did keep the bandits from attacking. It would just be nice if the group decided on it together--but I read in another thread that Lilly was too intimidating to talk to.

• Keep him. He fucked up but thats no reason to leave him to die (which we all know he will). We make sure someone is always with the kid and hope Lilly and Kenny dont kill him. Kenny definitely wouldnt, as he didnt in ep 4 or 5 but Lilly might.

Still "Ben's nice. Hes my friend. We dont leave friends behind"

• Well all we lost was the motel, and if we just kept him and drove a bit further, we would've found the Train and Ben wouldn't have caused any deaths except causing Duck to get bitten.

• What I didn't get is why the leader of the bandits didn't expose Ben and his deal when they all had them at gun point. You think he would of blew up his spot! I found that very strange that they acted like they didn't know him.

• @Lego said: What I didn't get is why the leader of the bandits didn't expose Ben and his deal when they all had them at gun point. You think he would of blew up his spot! I found that very strange that they acted like they didn't know him.

Maybe they thought the entire group agreed to the deal, and Ben was just the supplier. Either way i don't think the bandits really care who gave them the supplies, as long as they got it, one way or another.

• I would keep him and once tempers cool off I would ask everyone what they think I should do with Ben. But I would probably leave him, but not shoot him. If Lee would shoot him, that would be even worse for the group and people would start to feel contempt for Lee.

Add Comment