User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 132.5K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I wish I could stop feeling so ill this year.

• @corruptbiggins said: I wish I could stop feeling so ill this year.

My sidekick's a doctor because his flows are so ill

• Telltale Murder Mystery hasn’t really been going anywhere, lately. It’s hard writing out a good plot with why the killer does it and how the murders are carried out, and maintaining good dialogue is also kind of hard for me.

• Oh, good murders are easy to write. Writing them in a way that they can be solvable later is the hard part.

I would suggest getting a really good characterization of your murderer first. Start from childhood and work your way up. Any average person can become a murderer with the right incentive and it helps the moral ambiguity of the story if the first murdered person is something of an asshole.

See, the first murder is because the murderer genuinely hates the victim for some reason, or desperately needs them out of the picture. The rest are because the murderer is afraid they'll get caught. And at some point they make a mistake so that the detective can figure out who dun it. That's the hard part, engineering a mistake that not everyone would catch, but would be sufficiently damning.

• Oh, writing out the way they die is the most fun. I got knifings, shootings, bashings, poisoning, and a strangling. Hitchcock would be proud.

• I can't help feeling stupid when I'm a grown man ordering Digimon box set off amazon.

• @coolsome said: I can't help feeling stupid when I'm a grown man ordering Digimon box set off amazon.

I wouldn't. Digimon is fuckin' awesome! :D
    (Hell! I got Earthworm Jim on my Hard Drive, and I'm looking forward to watching all of those again!)

• @RetroVortex said: I wouldn't. Digimon is fuckin' awesome! :D

Heh I was tired of the crappy bootleg I had.

• @coolsome said: Heh I was tired of the crappy bootleg I had.

Totally Jealous dude. When you do get it, you need to marathon that shit!

(I'd love to get all the Megas XLR episodes and do that sometime. Megas XLR. Now that was the shit! :D)

• @Chyron8472 said: snot buckets.

I asked Steam Support to remove a game from my Library, and they said that since it was part of a bundle, they would have to remove the whole bundle, not just the one game.

Turns out buying buckets of games via humble indie bundle has a down side.

What game do you want removed and why? I feel a story here dang it!

This discussion has been closed.