User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 95.3K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Chyron8472 said: snot buckets.

I asked Steam Support to remove a game from my Library, and they said that since it was part of a bundle, they would have to remove the whole bundle, not just the one game.

Turns out buying buckets of games via humble indie bundle has a down side.

It really bugs you that much to have extra games in your Steam library? I have games in my library that I don't even know what they are. I just set my library view to "Installed" and ignore them until the day comes that I decide to give them a shot.

@Chyron8472 said: (yep, I just caught up on 1.5 weeks of this thread)

I would make a crack about the only reason you'd do that is that you're taking your new job very seriously, but I did the same damn thing after PAX. Apparently, this thread and I have a love-hate relationship.

• @WarpSpeed said: If I wanted to suggest something weird, I'd pick Zimbabwe. My logic with Canada was that U.S. people can go there pretty easily, and I figured you'd be able to get in because you're still married to a Canadian. There would have to be something else to draw you there, though, like friends you haven't seen in a while. If they don't exist, then yeah, it doesn't make sense.

Oh well.

Oh, I understand the concept, but in practice, it wouldn't work that well. I have nowhere to stay in Canada, am not allowed to work there or stay as anything other than a tourist and have no friends there.
    My husband withdrew his sponsorship of my becoming a Canadian resident when I broke up, and since they hadn't even started processing it yet, in effect it's as though I had never asked for it from a legal standpoint, giving me the same rights relating to staying in Canada, working there, etc, as any other French citizen. It doesn't matter to them at all that I'm married to a Canadian and doesn't change a thing, apart from making it possible for me to ask for residency with him as a sponsor. And I covered that.
    As for friends I had in Canada, I know a few people that I met online through forums and chatrooms, but the people I knew in person have stopped talking to me ever since I broke up with him, and would be very hostile to me being around them. On top of that, they all live in Alberta. If I wanted something practical (so, that, say, he would meet with me on the weekends or something), then I would want to go with the Southern part of British Columbia, which would be closest to him.

I certainly appreciate the advice/suggestion, but if that was a good option, believe me I would have done it already :p It's been two years of going back and forth at this point.

My lawyer has just confirmed an appointment for next Monday though, so I'll see with her if anything is happening.

• Well, B.C. is nice. :) That's OK, though.

Good luck!

• @Alcoremortis said:
    Or maybe the galleons already sunk and they need to track down the last known survivor to get the approximate location of the disaster... and possibly recruit (or kidnap) an expert pearl diver to get the gold.

schuh2span12.jpg

I sometimes love that randomness of my thoughts ...

• Dear Telltale,

In previous years, you posted pictures of Halloween shenanigans from your office. Do you have any from 2012?

Thanks,
    Klatuu

P.S. Who won the Walking Dead contest? (The one where you could get drawn as a zombie in the game)

P.P.S. Whatever happened to Rosette?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

It DOES take a lot of effort to find these shenanigans for 2012.

Mark Darin as Doug:
    https://twitter.com/tabacco/status/263909157890043904/photo/1

Nick Herman (voice of Glenn) as Ben:
    https://twitter.com/ItsMeNickHerman/status/263699004896989184/photo/1

Nick again, this time with Erin Ashe (Molly) as, surprise, Molly:
    https://twitter.com/vanaman/status/262433799554596865/photo/1

@Klatuu said: P.S. Who won the Walking Dead contest? (The one where you could get drawn as a zombie in the game)

This lady:

Brie.jpg

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Avistew said: My lawyer has just confirmed an appointment for next Monday though, so I'll see with her if anything is happening.

I'm sure you've already thought of the diversity visa lottery (next one opens in October)... probably a long shot but might be worth entering if the legal nonsense is still dragging on.

If you happen to have a spare $500,000 to $1,000,000 lying around (check behind the couch for change - it adds up!), you could potentially invest it in a US business in return for permanent residency.

Another option is to have a kid in the US (which by a constitutional amendment makes it a US citizen by birthright)... once the kid turns 21, you can get your very own shiny green card (unless they've changed the rules by then). Sure it would take a couple of decades and might be a bit messy and inconvenient, but given the rate the divorce stuff is progressing... :P

@Avistew said: P.P.S. Whatever happened to Rosette?

Last I heard she was living in San Francisco, but I'm getting a 404 when I look for her in the office.

@Avistew said: It DOES take a lot of effort to find these shenanigans for 2012.

Fortunately there's a new community person to make sure the shenanigans get on the blog this year!

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

[quote=puzzlebox;756926]fortunately there's a new community person to make sure the shenanigans get on the blog this year![/quote]
    Yay! :D

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@puzzlebox said: Fortunately there's a new community person to make sure the shenanigans get on the blog this year!

So... "Get puzzlebox a proper camera" on kickstarter?

• My brother destroyed a toilet and now owes £420.

This discussion has been closed.