User Avatar Image

For those who chose Doug over Carley. Explain why.

posted by Abecedario on - last edited - Viewed by 4.4K users

Well, it seems we are a small % of people who actually decided to help Doug instead of Carley. I mainly decided not to save her because she seemed to be the only one who knew about Lee being a murderer so I considered her a threat, I know many people decided to save her because she was "hot", but come on guys, she confessed she was in love with doug.

It seems I may have missed a nice character but Doug ended up being a really cool guy.

"Wait. I know you know everything about this flashlight, I mean if you know anything about how it got broken"

I am sure a similar thread has been created before, but come on, what else are we supposed to talk about while we wait? :D

128 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ... (Deleted message, i cant delete it)

• I chose Carley because she knew about Lee's past and she showed that she can be trusted. I did not choose her because she was hot.

She proved herself useful while Doug didn't - in my opinion.

• @CarleyandLeeTWD said: They aren't similar. Lilly is a crazy girl who got even crazier when her dad died while Carley always keeps her cool unless she is really threatened. Their attitudes are different but they both care for the group. But i wouldn't say that they are similar.

Doug though is pretty cool. Carley sacrificed herself defending Ben (not shield though, but standing up for people who need help) . (I think)

Episode 1 they were quite similar in how they both acted and you didn't talk to them enough to really distinguish

• @Hudomonkey said: Episode 1 they were quite similar in how they both acted and you didn't talk to them enough to really distinguish

I think Lilly is a lot different in Episode 1, she changed over time. But I think you talk to Carley enough, and especially with the whole motel thing with Glenn.

• Doug alerted the walkers outside the pharmacy to Lee's presence. They didn't even turn around until Doug yelled "Holy crap!" Bastard tried to assassinate me.

• I let her die.

My first instinct was to save her, but in the split few seconds I had to think about it - it came down to our last confrontation before the incident.

She told me about knowing my past - threatened me (by saying if my past became something of a problem to the rest of the group, she wouldn't side with me - and by that logic would likely end with myself dead or Clem and myself being outcast).

I said I didn't trust her, hoping she'd take the initiative and try to give me a convincing reason to trust her (which she didn't, she just kind of blew it off).

So, I went with the person who knew less about me - this way if I had a future "enemy" to convince I was okay even though I had a bad past, at least he wasn't a crack shot and had a reason to back me up (he owed me more than I owed him).

I felt he was the safest bet in the possibility that my past be discovered, was a lesser threat to my life (and therefore Clem's life), and owed me a lot (instead of being for the most part even like with Carley).

• @Rock114 said: Doug alerted the walkers outside the pharmacy to Lee's presence. They didn't even turn around until Doug yelled "Holy crap!" Bastard tried to assassinate me.

I think that was more of the developers fault. I think they wanted it to seem that the zombies turned and then he shouted "Oh Crap" But put the scenes in the wrong order. So i don't blame Doug for that.

• This is why I saved Doug. He is calm and thoughtful. That is the type of person you want around in a crisis. He was resourceful and could think on his feet. Carley told you that he was brave, and had rescued her before we met her. So despite having more interaction with Carley, Doug had the qualities that I wanted in a fellow survivor.
    This is why I didn't save Carley. That dumb ass Kenny is around walkers for several days, yet he yells at the first person he sees moving when we stop at the drugstore. Of course it is a walker, and he nearly gets us killed, and Carley comes to the rescue. But not 5 minutes later, she is taking orders from Kenny, and saying "you got it, boss". I thought right then that she was weak. Sure, she could shoot, and saved Lee's butt multiple times. But she seemed to have nothing to offer other than that. She seemed to have no other resources, as evidenced by the way she couldn't fight off one stupid walker on her ankle. As a female I hate weak females. I thought Carley was weak, so I left her.

Add Comment