User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 23.5K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Atomic Monkey said: Clementine is the main character for Season 2, in fact, I love if they skipped a couple of years to Teen Clementine.

The game is meant to be canon and tie in with the comic's universe. Rick's journey isn't even 2 years in yet so Clementine can't be shown as a teenager if the game is to remain canon. Carl is still only 9. I'm confident that Clementine will still be 9 in episode 2. The only reason the 2nd episode jumped so far on was to catch up to comics, though it is still behind, it shows Lee's group in the heart of the ZA where there used to living in a world of zombies.After ep2 time moved on quite slowly. Ep3 was only a week after ep 2's ending. Ep4 seemed to be hours after ep3's ending.Ep5 was seconds after ep4's ending. In the walking dead comics time doesn't advance a great deal. The comics have been going for around 8 years, give or take and Carl has only had 1 birthday. The group have had 1 winter and we have seen 1 Christmas. If the game is to stay in tone with the comics it won't jump to far in the future and it definitely won't pass were Rick is in the walking dead time line in the same way that the TV show will never go ahead of the comics. Even though they change some things around the group in the show reach settings in the same sequence the group did in the comics e.g Atlanta,the camp,the road,the farm, the road, the prison, Woodbury.

• @Lego said: I haven't played a game with saving Doug yet. Is it worth the experience?

I don't think it was. Doug is like the Tdog character in the tv show. he's just in amongst the group, in the background most of the time. He doesn't get involved in arguments, he's too passive and uninteresting. The joke is he even says that he feels useless since he doesn't have any tools, so he can't put his skills to use. He was pretty much a one trick pony to begin with. In the world before the apocalypse he was valuable but in the ZA he's fuckin useless, just as I expected he would be when I first finished playing ep1.

He doesn't have a stronger bond with Lee than Kenny/Lilly, where as Carly's bond with Lee is stronger than all the other adults, making her scenes with Lee seem more meaningful.

I played both scenarios just to get my money's worth. To me the Carly save file felt more canon based on the scenes; the action, writing and intimacy.

• @Shrewsbury Survivor said: Well WHY the obsession? She was good I liked her but Its the only logical explanation for people to think she survived a gun shot TO THE FACE. Its beyond "shes a good charecter" to be this obsessed. She had a part and fancied Lee....I could understand with Clem or Lee but its stupid timewasting "oh she may of lived it was just her cheek at point blank range the bullet bounced off it was fake blood" its like people thinking "Lee must be immune"

Personally I think Carly is dead. I think Telltale killed her for the same reason they killed off Lee and Kenny to tug on our heart strings and make us cry. I don't say she was dead because she was shot in the head , I say she was dead because she didn't have any medical help and was left alone to bleed out. In the comics Carl was shot in his face. his eye was shot along with a third of his face and he lived so I don't think Phil TWD or anyone else that would like Carly's return are being obsessive. There just hopeful.

• My bets (if TT decides to make the season 2 tie in slightly with season 1) are that you will be in a new adventure as Glenn.

• He left the group for a dangerous situation (good starting point for drama)
    • He was resourceful and fast (so a slightly different skill set from Lee to change things up)
    • Not a whole lot was known about him besides that he wanted to know about his friends/family (leaving lots of open room for improvising on his character development)

Then again, I'm not sure if this is supposed to be the same Glenn that meets up with Rick in the TV series (many similarities: both wear baseball cap, both are the group's designated scavenger, and both have that "not gunna give up on humanity" attitude - not to mention the name)

• @Schreckliche said: My bets (if TT decides to make the season 2 tie in slightly with season 1) are that you will be in a new adventure as Glenn.

• He was resourceful and fast (so a slightly different skill set from Lee to change things up)
    • Not a whole lot was known about him besides that he wanted to know about his friends/family (leaving lots of open room for improvising on his character development)

Then again, I'm not sure if this is supposed to be the same Glenn that meets up with Rick in the TV series (many similarities: both wear baseball cap, both are the group's designated scavenger, and both have that "not gunna give up on humanity" attitude - not to mention the name)

Glenn(and Hershel Greene and originally Lilly) were all cameo appearances from the comics, so i don't think the next season will be focusing on their characters. It would have been great, though.

• Season 2 should have multiple endings so our choice would matter. I don't care how expensive it might cost, as long as my decisions really mattered. Season 1 was good but no matter what you've chose, it still gonna end up the same way in the end.

• Season 2 should have multiple endings so our choice would matter. I don't care how expensive it might cost, as long as my decisions really mattered. Season 1 was good but no matter what you've chose, it still gonna end up the same way in the end.

agree:)

• User Avatar Image
    MSG

@Schreckliche said: My bets (if TT decides to make the season 2 tie in slightly with season 1) are that you will be in a new adventure as Glenn.

They're the same character. They're also both Asian and both worked as pizza delivery boys, and both traveled to Atlanta. It's the same guy...no doubt at all about it.

• @MSG said: They're the same character. They're also both Asian and both worked as pizza delivery boys, and both traveled to Atlanta. It's the same guy...no doubt at all about it.

Your wrong!!!

• @ClemOwnedYou said: Your wrong!!!

*you're
    And if he is, can you explain why?

Add Comment