User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 27.3K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

612 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well now the walking dead is over im hoping season 2 might be announced at e3 in a few months, I wont bet my money on it though...

• That's six months away XD

• @hscitpe said: That's six months away XD

Oh yeah it felt like 3 or 4 months away for some reason :D

• User Avatar Image
    ufo

meh, im not going to buy the walking dead no matter how good it is. I WANT BACK TO THE FUTURE SEASON 2,3,4,5,7,8,9,X. Every year i want another season of BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!

• @hscitpe said: Here's all the ones we definitely have physical proof of occurring in one form or another. I'm pretty sure I got them all, but if I missed any let me know.

A - Original timeline (George is a loser)
    B - Marty goes to 1955 (George is a winner)
    C - Doc returns to 1985 for Marty and Jennifer [Transition between Parts I and II]
    D - Biff goes back to 1985 (1985-A)
    E - Doc, Marty, Jennifer and Einstein return to 1985 (1985-A)
    F - Doc and Marty return to 1955
    G - Doc is sent to 1885 (Lightning strike) [Transition between Parts II and III]
    H - Marty goes to 1885
    I - Doc returns to 1985 from the future in the Jules Verne Train
    J - Doc jumps to an unknown time in the past in the flying Train
    K - Doc returns to an unknown time after finding the Temporal Duplicate DeLorean in 2025
    L - Marty travels back to June 13, 1931 (Doc is in jail, Arthur gets murdered) [Start of the Game]
    M - Marty returns to 1931 (Arthur is alive, Kid isn't in jail)
    N - Marty and Doc jump back to August 25, 1931 (Kid goes to jail)
    O - Marty and First Citizen Brown arrive on October 12, 1931
    P - Citizen Brown tests the time circuits
    Q - Citizen Brown tests the time circuits
    R - Citizen Brown tests the time circuits
    S - Alternate Doc arrives in 1931 to pseudo pick up Marty
    T - Edna attempts to evade Danny Parker and accidentally jumps back to 1876 (Hill Valley vanishes)
    U - Doc and Marty chase Edna back to 1876 and prevent Hill Valley from burning down, Edna is sent to prison, Doc takes up a part time residence in 1986.

(Depending on the universe)
    V - Future Alternate Marty #1 arrives
    W - Future Alternate Marty #2 arrives
    X - Future Alternate Marty #3 arrives

You forgot the timeline where Marty first finds out about Doc being in 1931 where Doc is murdered by Kid and Arthur is alive.

• @ufo said: meh, im not going to buy the walking dead no matter how good it is. I WANT BACK TO THE FUTURE SEASON 2,3,4,5,7,8,9,X. Every year i want another season of BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a huge BttF nut, but that would be WAY too much BttF.

• @ryannumber1gamer said: You forgot the timeline where Marty first finds out about Doc being in 1931 where Doc is murdered by Kid and Arthur is alive.

You are absolutely right. I most certainly did.

• @hscitpe said: You are absolutely right. I most certainly did.

You also missed First Citizen Doc's jump back to May 14, 1986 to pick Marty up.

• Thanks for making me look stupid, Carlos.

Add Comment