User Avatar Image

For those who chose Doug over Carley. Explain why.

posted by Abecedario on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

Well, it seems we are a small % of people who actually decided to help Doug instead of Carley. I mainly decided not to save her because she seemed to be the only one who knew about Lee being a murderer so I considered her a threat, I know many people decided to save her because she was "hot", but come on guys, she confessed she was in love with doug.

It seems I may have missed a nice character but Doug ended up being a really cool guy.

"Wait. I know you know everything about this flashlight, I mean if you know anything about how it got broken"

I am sure a similar thread has been created before, but come on, what else are we supposed to talk about while we wait? :D

128 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The fact that Doug defied Lilly by saving Ben was more heroic than anything Carley's ever done, IMO he was no action reporter with gun skills like her, he was just a normal geek who managed to save another person's life without hesitation.

• @marioluigi344 said: The fact that Doug defied Lilly by saving Ben was more heroic than anything Carley's ever done.

Literally the first thing we see Carley do is save five people outside the drug store in defiance of Lilly's orders. I like Doug too. The fact he tries so hard to help people despite being so ill equipped to do so is very endearing, but don't go throwing Carley under the bus just to make Doug look better.

• If you look it in a more deep and mature way, Carley saved more people than Doug could ever will. Most people only look on the way he heroic-ly saved that "conniving little snake". For all we know, Carley saved 5 COMPLETELY STRANGERS in the streets of Macon because she has such a good heart.

• @thewalkingwalker said: Chose Doug because BROS B4 HOES

My Literal Understanding
    - I believe that Carley's job being a reporter is more dignified comparing to stripers/prostitutes.

My Non-literal Understanding
    - for CRAP's sake, they just knew each other. How can you say "bro" ( as in friend ) to Doug if you rarely even know him; same goes to Carley.

I liked them both (even if I don't know them that well), but I have to save the person who saved my ass twice; it's called being grateful.

BTW, you are not a gentleman. ;)

• @ZombieBlaster said: If you look it in a more deep and mature way, Carley saved more people than Doug could ever will. Most people only look on the way he heroic-ly saved that "conniving little snake". For all we know, Carley saved 5 COMPLETELY STRANGERS in the streets of Macon because she has such a good heart.

Well, looking at it in a deep, mature way, Doug saved Carley before you ever met her, and she was a complete stranger. Who knows if he did this more than once?

• @dustpuffs said: Well, looking at it in a deep, mature way, Doug saved Carley before you ever met her, and she was a complete stranger. Who knows if he did this more than once?

We play as Lee, and we act based on one character's point of view. And we know for sure Carley saved Lee, Clem, Kenny, Katjaa, and Duck. Unlike what Doug did, her actions--saving those five complete strangers--meant something to us.

• @dustpuffs said: Well, looking at it in a deep, mature way, Doug saved Carley before you ever met her, and she was a complete stranger. Who knows if he did this more than once?

I'm arguing about this based on evidence not in theories/predicaments.

• * Great personality
    * Felt like someone who Lee could trust
    * Knew how to handle a pistol and use it when needed
    * Saved lives
    * When someone was being targeted/threaten she stood up
    * She was pretty
    * Of all females, she would've been the best to take care of Clementine
    * A person who'd help out anyone
    * Conversationalist with people
    * Was willing to give her ration to someone else who needed more

I don't really care that she didn't know much about batteries, because in the end she has more great qualities than bad, and Doug never seemed worth my time.

He did distract the walkers to the TV Store, I think, but when he was so damn near the brick did he get it? No. God dammit.

By the way, that "bros before hoes" makes no fucking sense because none of you met Doug before and Carley isn't a prostitute. It's offensive that people are even saying it.

• Hoe is an ancient farming tool. I get that you feel like Carley's been insulted, but dude, what are you getting so worked up on? It annoys me too, but no need to swear.

I believe its "Ho" (Shortcut for wHOre) I believe. Nah, Carley's no Ho. WTF. She's not that kind of girl, and not that kind of person.

* Great personality (ONE OF THE BEST PERSONALITIES THAT I'VE SEEN IN MY LIFE. :o I admire it!)
    * Felt like someone who Lee could trust (It's not Carley. She's trustworthy -RV Scene) Indeed.
    * Knew how to handle a pistol and use it when needed (Yeah. I find that pretty handy and pretty attractive? Haha)
    * Saved lives (I can't even count/too lazy. It's a lot)
    * When someone was being targeted/threaten she stood up (We need people like that in Earth)
    * She was pretty (HOT)
    * Of all females, she would've been the best to take care of Clementine (It'd be her or Katjaa. They'd both be great parents)
    * A person who'd help out anyone (We need more models/figures like her)
    * Conversationalist with people
    * Was willing to give her ration to someone else who needed more (I just remembered Mark saying that Carley didn't give her ration to him that other day and he thought she was gonna take his hand off. haha. But she sacrifices for others)

I agree with Phil_TWD. (Just some comments)

• I'm not getting worked up, but people whether it's here, there or in real life just call innocent women as "bitch" or "whore" for no reason, and that's offensive. Also demeaning.

I myself don't ever call women by those degrading names, it's just bloody awful.

Add Comment