User Avatar Image

Sam & Max Episode 1: The Penal Zone for iPad

posted by Odin111 on - last edited - Viewed by 283 users

On ipad 2 with newest OS icl Updates the app freezes and then abends.

7 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    MattP Bloggers

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Is the app crashing to the home screen? Does it load to the main menu beforehand or crash immediately on boot? Any details you can give will help.

• I have a lot of problems with this application. The game crashes often and I have to restart a new game. (Also the sound is cutting - no sound for a few seconds - even if no other apps running). After multiple retries I got to the point that the generic is starting (after using the bazooka) but freezes again allways at the same place: a phone appears with the name of "Choreography by Denis lenart". I have a Ipad4 with 64 Gb. For the moment the game is unusable. How do I get a refund???

• Great game but it has some bugs. I got to the bit with the cards toy, phoned to the moles equipment, and then got stuck. I can't remember what I did but the game crashed. No problems there but a restart also crashed. Still no problems- I closed the app from memory and restarted and it reset to me looking over the monkeys steering wheel with me being able to control Sam again but this time I couldn't actually move him. It had reset to before Max got the cards toy but I can't move Sam so I can't advance. Please fix this bug. Meanwhile I'll delete the app and redownload from my computer (biiiig file)

• I remembered when it crashed now :)

• Well, I tried multiple options, including closing all other open apps, re installing app, and so on, and I too have the same problem. I have this game downloaded on IPad2 and still the problem exists. Then players get to the part in the opening scene, where max turns into a bazooka, the game freezes, some time with a scrambled image, some times not, and then closes the app all together, returning the user to the device home screen. I've tried multiple times to see if this was just a rare glitch, but sadly no. This problem happens every time the program runs. Hopefully you folks at tall tale games can nip this one in the butt. I'm rather disappointed this problem exist, considering I have no issues with any of the other sam & max games, or monkey island games, or the walking dead games either. Just that one app. Please correct this ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

• As everyone else has mentioned , the game crashes way too much. It freezes and then quits and returns me to the iPad homescreen. With restarting, saving, quitting other programs, reinstalling, I have been able to get to a point where I need to give something to Harry Moleman at Bosco Labs. I see the animation, Harry walks away, and the game freezes and quits. I can't progress past this point no matter what I try.

Add Comment