User Avatar Image

For those who chose Doug over Carley. Explain why.

posted by Abecedario on - last edited - Viewed by 4.5K users

Well, it seems we are a small % of people who actually decided to help Doug instead of Carley. I mainly decided not to save her because she seemed to be the only one who knew about Lee being a murderer so I considered her a threat, I know many people decided to save her because she was "hot", but come on guys, she confessed she was in love with doug.

It seems I may have missed a nice character but Doug ended up being a really cool guy.

"Wait. I know you know everything about this flashlight, I mean if you know anything about how it got broken"

I am sure a similar thread has been created before, but come on, what else are we supposed to talk about while we wait? :D

128 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You know she doesn't really exist, don't you?

• What happens if you do nothing in the scenario where you chose which one you safe?

• @Robbingrobin said: What happens if you do nothing in the scenario where you chose which one you safe?

It says that u fail and it makes you repeat it again until you finally save someone

• Doug's skills were more unusual - anyone can point and shoot a gun, but after Doug set up the alarm at the motel I knew I'd made a better choice, and if he'd survived until the train, it would have been much easier to start it whereas Carley would've sat around going 'hurr durr how do make train go'.

• @JakeSt123 said: Doug's skills were more unusual - anyone can point and shoot a gun, but after Doug set up the alarm at the motel I knew I'd made a better choice, and if he'd survived until the train, it would have been much easier to start it whereas Carley would've sat around going 'hurr durr how do make train go'.

Either you save Doug or left him, there will always be that alarm in the motel. The difference is, if you saved Doug, they will show him working on that and how it rang when the St. John brothers walked in.

IT'S KINDA WEIRD BECAUSE IF YOU SAVED CARLEY, THERE IS THE SAME ALARM IN THE BACKGROUND BUT IT WAS NEVER USED, PROBABLY BECAUSE IT WAS A BUG.

• It was probably easier to have one "set piece" and then activate or disable an event depending on your character choice.

• Carley- Dumb bitch

Doug- Not a dumb bitch

'Nuff said.

• @Demopan said: Carley- Dumb bitch

Doug- Not a dumb bitch

'Nuff said.

Carley is good at everything else, but not good with electronics. It isnt need anyway. What you need are survival skills.

Doug is good at electronics, but in fighting zombies, not that much.

There are pros and cons. Sure. An alarm system is real useful to attract more walkers.

I enjoyed carleys company more than dougs.
    I just read your post the other day or ehatever saying that people that picked carley were shallow. Wtf? Looks played a role of course, for me lets say 25 percent but 75 coming from her selflesness, attitude and gratitiude for getting my back.

• @ZombieBlaster said: I'm arguing about this based on evidence not in theories/predicaments.

Okay, my argument is still that Carley is worthless without her gun. So you've got a walker on your ankle. Do you: pull stuff off the shelves you can reach and hit the walker with them? Try to tip the shelf over on the walker? Try to kick it away with your other foot? Use the butt of your gun to bash the walker's head in? Not if you're Carley. You just continue to reach for your purse full of ammo till you get pulled to the floor and chomped. No resourcefulness on her part as far as I'm concerned. She told us she was a mess, she didn't seem to have anything to offer other than her shooting skills. I left her ass to die.

• Carley wasn't stupid. A technophobe most definitely, but flat out stupid? No way. I never got that impression talking to her and the advice she gives you (who to feed and to tell people about your past) is always sound.

In the end i think the passionate debate is silly, Having seen both choices pan out, they're both great characters and your only real friend at the motor inn (Clem is family and the other loyalty was fragile at best) so episode 3 was a huge blow to me either way.

In the end given the choice again i'd still pick Carley, just because she's more useful and a tiny bit more likable for me (although Doug is funny), but its definitely not a case of "fuck doug let him die" more of a "i'm so sorry buddy *cries a little* *chooses Carley*"

Add Comment