User Avatar Image

Lee Everett or Rick Grimes

posted by Yertos on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

Who would you trust most with your life?

81 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Comic Rick seems to be power hungry, TV Rick turned scary as hell after Lori's death. And Lee.... well, he's urban so I go with him o.o

• @dee23 said: Definitely Rick Grimes. He is a better leader. You only have to look at how long his people lasted under his leadership, some have lasted over 18 months whereas Lee's companions lasted 13 weeks with the exception of Clementine. Come to think of it as much as I liked Lee I never felt he was the leader. He was like the right hand man to the leader and was very much the go between. His decisions and ideas for the direction of the group were disregarded and under minded by the groups true leaders Kenny and Lilly. If you as the player say we shouldn't go to the dairy the group go any way. If Lee says we should try and help Larry Kenny goes over your head and kills him ignoring Lee like Lee is his number 2 or his henchman. Lee is just a good guy in the group assuming you choose to play him that way. Having Lee in your group is like having Morgan in your group before he lost his son. There is no real reason to feel safer with Lee than with Rick other than loving the game and it's protagonist to the point were he is favoured.

I agree that I never saw Lee as a leader, and he felt--at least in my playthrough--like a peacemaker, go between, and second in command. Those are important qualities for sure, but sometimes I felt if he stepped up more maybe things would've played out differently. I think most of the group members respected Lee though, and Carley even wanted him to be the leader.

I respect Lee, and I would trust him too to have my back. However, I definitely feel TV Rick has the leadership qualities that Lee, Lilly, and Kenny all lacked. So far, he's also displayed the "leave no one behind" attitude I hope to see in a ZA group member that Lee has, from going back for Merle in season 1 to the awesome rescue of Glenn and Maggie in the current season.

• @DreadMagus said: Lee - My Lee is a badass zombie terminator who does whatever it takes to protect his people.

Rick's.... well... not.

Yeah but Lee and his companions only lasted 13 weeks. If you was with Rick you would probably last a lot longer since he didn't lose group members on a daily basis. O.K i'm exaggerating a little but we lost group members every day we shared with Lee. In episode 1 day 2 Sean dies as does Carly or Doug, In episode 2 day 1 Mark and Larry die. From the time we took back control over Lee in episode 3 a week later he was loosing members daily. Carly/Doug,Kat,Duck,Chuck(Molly if Clem isn't there and Lee misses when shooting the zombie). The following day Ben,Kenny and Lee die. The characters that lived were no longer with Lee. 18 months on give or take, Carl and Andrea who were with Rick from the beginning are alive and kicking along with the other people he met along the way.

• @dee23 said: Yeah but Lee and his companions only lasted 13 weeks. If you was with Rick you would probably last a lot longer since he didn't lose group members on a daily basis. O.K i'm exaggerating a little but we lost group members every day we shared with Lee. In episode 1 day 2 Sean dies as does Carly or Doug, In episode 2 day 1 Mark and Larry die. From the time we took back control over Lee in episode 3 a week later he was loosing members daily. Carly/Doug,Kat,Duck,Chuck(Molly if Clem isn't there and Lee misses when shooting the zombie). The following day Ben,Kenny and Lee die. The characters that lived were no longer with Lee. 18 months on give or take, Carl and Andrea who were with Rick from the beginning are alive and kicking along with the other people he met along the way.

Episode 2 was a month later. Also, I would prefer to be with someone like Lee, who is open to suggestions than someone like Rick, who might shoot you in the face if you piss him off.

• @Kannibal said: Rick is nuts, he was a good leader but his mental state degrades much easier than anyone else. Lee maybe wasn't as tough as Rick, you can notice that no matter your choices in the game, Lee is always more democratic as a leader, while Rick is more like a dictator ( you are with him, or you are dead because you pissed him off )

You forget that Rick had gone through far more. I'm sure Lee would have been just as unstable as Rick had he of endured what he had. If we are talking about the 13 weeks that Lee lasted in the ZA than that was before Rick went through his unstable phase. During that time People were kept relatively safe by Rick considering he didn't have the safety of the motor inn like Lee did. Rick was mostly on the road living in the RV and in outside camps and he had weeks and even months without any group members dying. If we are referring to the Rick from the comics, which we should be, even when Rick was having his break down he still made good decisions which kept his group safe, this was regularly noted by his companions in appreciation.

In the comic the others didn't know he was talking to his dead wife until he shared it. The only person he told was Michonne and that was him being supportive to her when she felt silly and abnormal about her coping mechanism. Rick had his breakdown but he got through it and not only was he recognised as a good leader by his group but was given the position to take charge of a community that was larger than Woodbury because of his leadership skills. His leadership status is held so high in regard that the most dangerous character so far in walking dead history won't kill him through fear of making him a martyr.

Considering the question was about who we would feel safer with or trust more with our lives. I'd have to say Rick. Even if Lee did have better leadership skills(not saying he did) they weren't put to use since he wasn't the groups leader any way. He was just the games protagonist. Kenny and Lilly were the recognised leaders of the group. At best Lee was the right hand man to which ever one he supported. Comparing Rick to Lee concerning leadership and their ability to keep us safe is like comparing Morgan to the video game Lilly.

• @anonymau5 said: Episode 2 was a month later. Also, I would prefer to be with someone like Lee, who is open to suggestions than someone like Rick, who might shoot you in the face if you piss him off.

episode 1 to 2 theres a 3 month gap. lee survives roughly from july or august to November

• @KingOfTheDead said: episode 1 to 2 theres a 3 month gap. lee survives roughly from august to November

I have a question.. Do you know the gap from Ep 2 to 3? I heard Kenny saying a week after but if they found the station wagon full of supplies at the end of ep 2, why were they going for more supplies in the pharmacy at the beginning of episode 3? o .o

• @AnnaSan said: I have a question.. Do you know the gap from Ep 2 to 3? I heard Kenny saying a week after but if they found the station wagon full of supplies at the end of ep 2, why were they going for more supplies in the pharmacy at the beginning of episode 3? o .o

its for medicine that's all you'd find in the back of the pharmacy. And Ep 2 to Ep3 the stranger asks if you remember the station wagon out on the road a few weeks ago so there must have been about two weeks after ep 2

• @KingOfTheDead said: its for medicine that's all you'd find in the back of the pharmacy. And Ep 2 to Ep3 the stranger asks if you remember the station wagon out on the road a few weeks ago so there must have been about two weeks after ep 2

Oh thanks, I did remember him telling me that.

• @AnnaSan said: Oh thanks, I did remember him telling me that.

your welcome AnnaChan

Add Comment