User Avatar Image

Your Opinion on Carley's injury.

posted by CarleyandLeeTWD on - last edited - Viewed by 909 users

Ok, first of all, you guys who say it's not an injury but death should just shut up. An injury could be fatally, mortally or slightly wounding. A fatal injury is the same as death. I just used injury cus I don't like being reminded about what happened to her, because I liked her character/personality whatever.

you don't say "Im sorry for his death" to a loved one but you say "Im sorry for his passing." it sounds less grave or whatever.

The point of this thread is: WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON CARLEY'S INJURY? IS IT REALISTIC FOR YOU? WHY/ WHY NOT?

In other words, do you think her injury was realistic/instant fatal injury could happen due to a shot to the cheek? and a shot there could cause that fatal injury?
My opinion is that a gunshot to the cheek will not be fatal. It would hurt a lot, and probably pass through your jaw and some blood vessels, but in my opinion, it wasn't that realistic and wouldn't kill instantly. I talked to my dad and he said that it wouldn't be fatal since it did not pass through the brain but would probably puncture some blood vessels, but not kill. It would cause significant injury.

I think so too. A gunshot to the cheek isn't that fatal. What's more is that she was shot while she was facing sideways, not facing lily directly meaning it passed through her other jaw and so it didnt hit the brain. (if carley was facing lilly face to face it might hit some vital parts like maybe graze the brain) Basically, i don't think it could be instant death. Plus, i don't think it's that realistic for her to die instantly without speaking a word. You can see many guys with disformed jaws still very much alive.
_______
What's your opinion on this? Will it hurt her fatally?

Please respond. :) POSITIVELY. I would respect your opinion, (but i wont if its full of crap and such)

61 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Even if it didn't hit the brain, shes dead. When you leave the scene, there are 2 walkers approaching the RV.

• After what Phineas Gage survived, namely a giant railroad spike penetrating his skull, it's certainly not impossible that Carley would live. Implausible, but not impossible.

However, I doubt she or Doug are coming back for practical and thematic reasons. Lee is gone now, so any interactions with a new protagonist would have little meaning, and without medical help such as Gage received I can't imagine her surviving. And anyway, an injury like that can damage your personality severely depending on what part of the brain it hits. She would likely behave erratically, at least for a number of years, at best.

I would love to have her, Ben, and Kenny back, besides Omid and Christa (whom I never doubted would survive from the moment I saw them), but it's just not happening. It's just too implausible.

• I like the way Ben and Kenny give zero fucks about what is happening in those pictures.

But she got shot in face. A bullet to the face is going to need immediate attention, and they didn;t have that. Where was the exit wound? For all we know the bullet ricocheted off a skull fragment and went straight into her brain. Or maybe it's still lodged in her face somewhere. The fact that she doesn't move at all after hitting the dirt suggests that she is most likely dead. Even if (huge if, by the way) she survived the actual shot, she's going to die from perhaps bloodloss, or even walkers finding her while she's out. That's not even including the brain damage that she most definately sustained from getting shot. Even if she wasn't dead immediately, there is zero chance of her survival.

• Even if she somehow survived, there's no way she would receive immediate medical attention.

• @Rock114 said: I like the way Ben and Kenny give zero fucks about what is happening in those pictures.

But she got shot in face. A bullet to the face is going to need immediate attention, and they didn;t have that. Where was the exit wound? For all we know the bullet ricocheted off a skull fragment and went straight into her brain. Or maybe it's still lodged in her face somewhere. The fact that she doesn't move at all after hitting the dirt suggests that she is most likely dead. Even if (huge if, by the way) she survived the actual shot, she's going to die from perhaps bloodloss, or even walkers finding her while she's out. That's not even including the brain damage that she most definately sustained from getting shot. Even if she wasn't dead immediately, there is zero chance of her survival.

Normally bulltest don't stay in peoples head. Most likely she had a huge hole on the backside... But there is a phenomenon on TV-Ropes which describes this, but I don't finde this. Its a narrative device.

• Bullets can get lodged in someone's head. The fact that it may have exited the other side of her head means nothing, other than that she likely has a bit of her brain splattered on the roadside next to HER CORPSE.

• Guys she's already cut off the game, this is pointless really.

• it just kinda is unclear whether or not you can save her though. ive tried every possible way, looked at every forum as to if i can save her or not. but its quite clear that i cant. but depending on what choices you make when this is all going down, the game tells you "carley will remember that" now in my head im going "well why would they tell me this if there wasnt a way to save her" but i guess its just to chase away any suspicion that she would die in literally 2secs after...

• @aaron1290 said: you think every typical person who doesnt learn the The Human Brain Anatomy or mind has not read a single book that has anything to do with biology?

Looks like you haven't read a book on punctuation either! Haha! Grammar Nazi initiated!

• @necroninja2 said: it just kinda is unclear whether or not you can save her though. ive tried every possible way, looked at every forum as to if i can save her or not. but its quite clear that i cant. but depending on what choices you make when this is all going down, the game tells you "carley will remember that" now in my head im going "well why would they tell me this if there wasnt a way to save her" but i guess its just to chase away any suspicion that she would die in literally 2secs after...

It was actually explained in an interview. Lee really didn't think Carley would get her head blown off two seconds later, so the game went on as normal saying "Carley will remember that" so that the player, along with Lee, wouldn't see it coming.

Add Comment