User Avatar Image

Did you decide to cut Lee's arm off or not?

posted by Obrusnine on - last edited - Viewed by 21.3K users

I personally decided to cut it off. It seemed that if there was any way I was going to live through this at all that I was going to have to cut it off (although, the only person I've ever seen survive a bite in TWD is Herschel from the TV Show). I mean, of course, it didn't matter anyways. But how many of you cut off your arm and how many of you didn't? Also, why?

55 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I cut it of because it made sense from Lees standpoint.
    Because as said the bite doesn't kill you, but the infection of the wound (bacteria etc. from the zombie) will. So cutting of the arm may work.

While playing the game I tried not to think about what should be happening out of a dramatic standpoint or something like that. I just tried to imagine what Lee feels at the moment. And maybe having a little more time to rescue Clem without Blackouts may be enough to do it.

I really believed (well rather hoped) Lee would make it at least to the train until I saw his pale face on the way back with Clementine :(

• I decided to chop off of the arm, but I'll play Episode 4 again tomorrow or so, and I'll keep the arm.

Wonder what the changes will be like. :)

• I kept both arms. I figured if Lee was blacking out then the infection had already spread past the bite itself. I also didn't really think cutting your arm off to buy yourself more time made much sense either since you're going to lose time cutting it off from blood loss and shock.

My only thought was getting to Clementine has fast as possible and I figured that would be easier with both arms.

• Cut it off for the slim chance of surviving.

In addition, one handed Lee has some funny dialogue options and is a totally badass wtfpwning the zombie herd with one hand.

• I didn't because I figure if the infection had progressed to the point where it would cause me to faint, it wouldn't help to simply remove the arm because it was already in my body.

I figured it would be useful to have both arms for when I met the kidnapper.

• @Jaded X Gamer said: I kept both arms. I figured if Lee was blacking out than the infection had already spread past the bite itself. I also didn't really think cutting your arm off to buy yourself more time made much sense either since you're going to lose time cutting it off from blood loss and shock.

My only thought was getting to Clementine has fast as possible and I figured that would be easier with both arms.

That's what I thought when Lee passed out the first time.

• @o0HeaDShoT0o said: That's what I thought when Lee passed out the first time.

Ditto; after he passed out that first time I kinda had the feeling that hacking off the arm was just rearranging chairs on the Titanic. Didn't seem like it'd make a difference at that point, so I didn't bother.

• I cut it off. I sort of figured that it was too late, but I'd rather take a slim chance at survival than knowing 100% you're going to die. Plus i knew it could work since it does in the comics.

In the end, though, i think keeping the arm is the better decision.

• I refused to cut it off.
    I knew Lee was dead anyway, but he still had unfinished business and a little girl to save. And it's much better to use everything you've got to achieve the objective. Lee was becoming weaker with every minute, and making him a physically disabled person combine with severe blood loss wasn't the best decision for me.

• I didn't cut it off, but I regretted it pretty quickly.
    It was such a hasty decision, but afterwards I thought: Oh shit, the fever is gonna get him.

Add Comment