User Avatar Image

What is your favorite movie?

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

This is a place where you can tell everyone your favorite movies,your most favorite movie :).

My favorite movie is The Incredibles. I love this movie because Pixar perfectly made fun of superheroes in this movie while still having a serious story. The characters are great and Mr.Incredible's need to do hero work is good because it shows us how hard it is for a hero to just stop hero stuff and be normal. It is shown further when we see that his boss is a person who will not help anyone and only thinks of himself and his company. The comedy is great too like when it makes fun of how villains always make a big speech when they have their enemies right where they want them.

I still wonder why Pixar decided to make a Cars 2 instead of a Incredibles 2. The Incredibles goes up with the Toy Story Trilogy & Monsters Inc as my favorite Pixar movie and i think it is one of Pixar's greatest movies.

89 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have watched Star Trek: The Voyage Home so many times that references from the movie regularly make it into every day speech for me.

"I think he did a little too much LDS in the sixties" is probably the one that comes up the most.

• I thought you'd say "well, double dumbass on you!"

edit: great. now you got my mind filling up with Star Trek IV quotes.

• Nah, if I've got to insult someone, my default is: "Oh yeah? Well you fight like a cow!"

• I actually have used "you make me think someone already did" against a classmate who said "you make me want to puke." The whole class laughed.

• @Chyron8472 said: I thought you'd say "well, double dumbass on you!"

edit: great. now you got my mind filling up with Star Trek IV quotes.

"Damage control is easy. Reading Klingon? That's hard."

"I just wish we could cloak the stench."

• About those colorful metaphores we discussed... I don't think you should try using them anymore. [...] For one thing you haven't quite got the knack of it.

• Scotty: "Computer!... Computer?"
    *Dr. McCoy hands him the mouse*
    Scotty: *picks up mouse* "Hello, Computer."
    Manager: "Just use the keyboard."

• Star Wars the original trilogy.

• I've got a lot of favorite movies, and I'd never be able to sit down and simply choose just one film as my absolute favorite as I'm bit of a cinemaphile. Like comics, I'll take as much of the medium as I can get. It also depends on what kind of mood I'm in, and I tend to obsess over a film that I really enjoyed after seeing it for the first time. Like I'll watch all of the deleted/alternate scenes, commentaries, documentaries, and all of that other good stuff and still not feel satisfied.

I watch stuff from all the way back to the thirties, man. You know, the silent film era.

Instead, I'll say my favorite genres are probably horror, science fiction, and drama but really, I like it best when there's a perfect mix. Romance and action blockbusters tend to disappoint me the most but not always. I also really like hyper violent films, so Asian horror and Quentin Tarantino are always welcome in my dvd and blu ray collection.

I just saw Django Unchained today, and I'd probably consider that one of the best put together films I've ever seen. It was three hours long, but I wanted it to go on for just one more, and I don't ever say that about a movie. :p

The Evil Dead trilogy, Dawn of the Dead, Reservoir Dogs, Halloween, The Thing, Memento, Scarface, Battle Royale, District 9, and I could list so so very many....

Favorite Directors Include: Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, and John Carpenter.

• @watertommyz said: I just saw Django Unchained today, and I'd probably consider that one of the best put together films I've ever seen. It was three hours long, but I wanted it to go on for just one more, and I don't ever say that about a movie. :p

I feel the same, man. It pains me when I recommend it to people and they won't go see it because they "don't like Tarantino".

Add Comment