User Avatar Image

Did Kenny give up? Why didnt he escape with Lee?

posted by kirby18 on - last edited - Viewed by 272 users

I feel like Kenny went soft. NOTHING up to that point gave me the impression that Kenny was going to change sides all of a sudden. (This obviously only applies to if you saved Ben in the Bell tower, which most did) When Ben fell from the balcony and then inevitably died alive why didnt Kenny just shoot him and escape with Lee? Am I missing something? I know that Kenny wanted to right the ship with Ben and it was more or less just to add to the plot and make it more dramatic and emotional but that was out of character for Kenny.

Once again I realize this was what, in kennys mind, would have justified him but there was ample time to mercifully kill Ben then leave. He even just said before in the house that its NEVER the right choice to off yourself.

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @JordyLicht said: Kenny's alive. He has to be. Off camera deaths in Walking Dead? That would only happen with children or pets.
    If I don't see a body in a zombie filled game/movie/series, I'm not convinced they're dead.

He's dead. This is "The Walking Dead", it's not a fairy tale, it's not Disney. Miracles do not happen.

• @zev_zev said: He's dead. This is "The Walking Dead", it's not a fairy tale, it's not Disney. Miracles do not happen.

Read the comics, which this game is set in. Miracles do and have happened.

• @Mornai said: Read the comics, which this game is set in. Miracles do and have happened.

You mean how Tyreese survived in jail? Or how Carl survived after headshot?

• Who the hell is talking about miracles?
    You don't even see him dying in the game. I didn't even know he was supposed to be dead until I went on the forum. Nothing in the game indicated that he died for me. Sure, I heard shots, but that didn't mean he died.

Ah whatever, he won't return in season 2 anyway, dead or alive.

• @JordyLicht said: Who the hell is talking about miracles?
    You don't even see him dying in the game. I didn't even know he was supposed to be dead until I went on the forum. Nothing in the game indicated that he died for me. Sure, I heard shots, but that didn't mean he died.

Ah whatever, he won't return in season 2 anyway, dead or alive.

Unless you're a recently employed member of Telltale games, i can keep hope that we'll catch a glimpse of Kenny, alive or even as a walker you have to slice/gun down, in season 2. ;)

@JordyLicht said: You mean how Tyreese survived in jail? Or how Carl survived after headshot?

I forgot about Carl, but sure. It wouldn't be the first theme they've utilized from the comics. Until season 2 hits(and potentially after) we won't know the answer. Telltale wouldn't have made his fate ambiguous if they didn't want speculation about it, so we can never say for certain one way or the other.

• He had nothing left to live for. His family was dead and I guess he'd assumed by then that his best friend was going to die too, so he didn't want to go on longer.

Although, if he survived hopefully we'll find a Kenny where his awesome 'stache morphs into an awesome beard.

• life was a bitch to him, he had nothing left and it surprised me he kept going so far... at the end of Ep 3 where you stumble upon Omid and Christa he said, he'll teach omid how to drive that train "if something happens" and i though i'll be hearing another gunshot. i felt bad that i couldn't talk to him (i got the achievement "decided who needed you more" when i worked a plan out with clem, means i could've helped kenny... but i didn't) but again TTG surprised me and kept him going a little more...

• I heard that Gavin Hammon, Kenny's VA, tweeted to "keep hope alive". Kenny may actually be alive folks...

• @Rock114 said: I heard that Gavin Hammon, Kenny's VA, tweeted to "keep hope alive". Kenny may actually be alive folks...

or we'll find his hat in season to and theres an option to wear it then clems like "where did you get that hat"

• I'm still hoping he'll show up alive in Season 2 xD

Though, I think it's because he felt bad for Ben. How he never made it home and see what happened to his family, and how he was never able to say goodbye.

I was pissed off though -.- why he didn't just shoot Ben and escape with Lee ._.

Add Comment