User Avatar Image

Rank the five episodes of this game from best to worst.

posted by lastdodobird on - last edited - Viewed by 946 users

I can't opine yet since I've only gotten past Episode 1. But I think it's quite a game so far :) For those who have played the whole thing through, how would you rank the five episodes?

Episode 1 - "A New Day"
Episode 2 - "Starved for Help"
Episode 3 - "Long Road Ahead"
Episode 4 - "Around Every Corner"
Episode 5 - "No Time Left"

Post your rankings from best to worst. Thanks!

EDIT (01.09.2013): Current standing from all posts if we put scores to from best 5 pts to worst 1pt

Episode 5 - "No Time Left" = 115 pts.
Episode 2 - "Starved for Help" = 106 pts.
Episode 4 - "Around Every Corner" = 97 pts.
Episode 3 - "Long Road Ahead" = 68 pts.
Episode 1 - "A New Day" = 64 pts.

58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @MSG said: 5>2>4>1>3

I felt like 3 tried to condense everything too much for later episodes, so that previous choices didn't have to matter as much.

Mine's precisely the same as yours :D

• 3>5>4>2>1 i wouldn't call any of 'em bad though, lovin ALL of them, Ep 3 just had some *good* moments, the others hadn't or had less, like teaching Clem to shoot, cutting hair, or that scene in the RV also it was very intense (at the side of the road, or later in the forest u know what i mean...) 5 was sad as hell and i think most of the people who played it will agree it's one of the best. 4 was intense to me as i really had worried for clem while i was down in the sewers... episode 2 had it's moments and 1 did too, just not as many rememberable ones as 3,5 and 4 had, but that's just my opinion.

• I liked all of them except three. Five, Two, and Four did losing people well. Three didn't. In three it seemed that they were just killing as many people off as possible in a bad attempt at drama. It just got cluttered. I didn't feel sad about losing Katjaa, Duck, Lily, and Carley/Doug. I just felt annoyed, and a bit shocked at first. Then they introduced new characters badly to make up for what we lost, without giving us any reason to feel emotionally invested in them.

• 1<2<3<4<5

Do you even math?

• 5>2>1>4>3

5&2 built up an incredible atmosphere.
    1&4 were very good, but not as emotional.

In 3 everything just happened a bit two fast, maybe could have done with being split into two. After what happened to Carley and Duck/Katjaa i was probably the most down i've ever been playing a video game and had little time for getting the train to work while Omid and Christa just felt like "replacements" and i resented them for while because of it. It also made everything up until that point feel somewhat irrelevant.

• @dubesor said: Current standing from all posts if we put scores to from best 5 pts to worst 1pt

5: 42
    2: 41
    4: 36
    1: 35
    3: 26

Good idea. So I tallied all the votes so far (I count 30 votes so far), here is how they rank:

Episode 5 - "No Time Left" = 115 pts.
    Episode 2 - "Starved for Help" = 106 pts.
    Episode 4 - "Around Every Corner" = 97 pts.
    Episode 3 - "Long Road Ahead" = 68 pts.
    Episode 1 - "A New Day" = 64 pts.

• [LIST=1]
    [*]Episode Five
    [*]Episode Three
    [*]Episode Two
    [*]Episode One
    [*]Episode Four
    [/LIST]

• I'd say 5>2>1>3>4
    I thought 4 dragged on FOR SO LONG. I was playing through episodes 4-5. I started 4 at 5:00 and was finished at like 8:30. Then I got to episode 5 and I was done at 9:30...
    I really loved episodes 2 and 5. 5 was a short but sweet ending to Season 1, while 2 was just plain up awesome with the last half hour of it.

• 2>5>3>4>1

Episode 1 wasn't the worst, it was still introducing us to the TWD universe and shows how quick you have to be to make choices.
    I love episode 2 though, shows how if you disagree with Kenny once, he'll turn his back on you =.= still love my bro xD

Add Comment