User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 17.1K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Max Paltenghi said: Hello,

I think there is a way to make possible lee to survive.
    We cut lee arm and then don't shoot to him.
    In new series we discover lee as survivor to pestilence.
    Not at all folks....
    Also kenny is alive (less possible indeed)...and so start up of second season
    Is clem that watch and see two people far in the country...lee and kenny....
    Maybe real or only clem's dream?
    Another possibility is lee liberated by molly...so season two
    Starts with lee and molly in the country and clem will see them.

Lee's dead and it's confirmed by devs

• I feel like that, after a huge sale of 8.5million copies of The Dead Walking. There isnt any excuse to not improve the engine, the engine is really really old and lacking badly.

And im not talking high definition graphics, im talking stuff like animations, bigger areas, less load time, more dynamic stuff going on,.

That old engine is just really letting down the games. If there isnt some major overhaul atleast to the engine in Season 2, i really wanna know why not ?.

AS much fun as the Walking Dead was, it doesnt feel like a real world, it feels like im on a stage in a world made out of indestructible materials and thats a real shame.

Not to mention hopefully much improved control scheme.

• What about we play Molly at that moment when she left the group, and lately she will catch up with Clem, Omid and Krista? Could be an option, would be a pitty not to follow Molly as a character. Anyway, I think in the new season we will controle a femal character.

Hm so when I'm rethink again, I think we will play a complete new character, and maybe we will catch up with Clem & Co in chapter 2. And in the first chapter we will just find some notes or hints, that there are other survivers which we -as players- already know.

• Can you link me to the post were the devs confirmed Lees death?

• @TheCrawlingDead said: Can you link me to the post were the devs confirmed Lees death?

does it need to be confirmed?

• @TheCrawlingDead said: Can you link me to the post were the devs confirmed Lees death?

It's in the "questions for the walking dead team" thread. Too lazy to look it up, but I think it's on the next to last page of that thread.

• I would like to pay as Molly teaming up with Clem but considering people can shoot Molly I highly doubt it

• @Hudomonkey said: I would like to pay as Molly teaming up with Clem but considering people can shoot Molly I highly doubt it

It's not a fatal wound and she runs away, so anything is possible.

• Only if you don't have a good target. Did you even play episode 4?

Add Comment