User Avatar Image

What happened to Lee's leather jacket?

posted by Riadon on - last edited - Viewed by 984 users

I just don't understand why Lee suddenly goes from wearing a leather jacket in episode 2 to the thin shirt he was wearing in episode 1. There is no way in hell a zombie could bite through a leather jacket, if Lee was wearing the jacket when he was bitten, it wouldn't have done shit to him.

The jacket, if you don't remember it:

http://i5.minus.com/iZC1vilVflq5L.png

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @slimymeteor said: On the day chapter three began, it had gotten a tad warmer, so Lee opted not to wear the jacket that day, leaving it in his room at the motel. After the raid, the group escaped the motor inn pretty quickly, not stopping to grab any personal belongings other than what was already in the RV. The leather jacket is still hanging in the closet in Lee's room at the motor inn. There's your storyline explanation!

    Its warmer? November is usually colder than October carley was even wearing a winter jacket.

  • @KingOfTheDead said: Its warmer? November is usually colder than October carley was even wearing a winter jacket.

    And the explanation doesn't make sense regardless. Lee should have at least been wearing the jacket when he went with Kenny to get supplies at the beginning of episode 3. Surely he is not so stupid that he does not realize that human teeth can't bite through leather (unless he just sits there and lets the zombies gnaw on him for an hour).

  • I live in the midwest myself, and surely there have been warmer days in November, especially lately. It wasn't so cold where Kenny needed a coat, too, in fact he's wearing the same clothes as Lee (shirt and undershirt). But, maybe it wasn't warm. Maybe it got wet and shrunk, becoming too uncomfortable to wear. Maybe it got ripped or torn. Maybe he and Kenny just left in a hurry and he forgot it. There are a million different things that could have happened to it, but none that are important to the story.

    You're acting like Lee KNEW he was going to get bitten on the arm. I don't think he thought of the jacket as armor as he could've just as easily been bitten on the legs, hands, head or neck. I don't think really anybody in the Walking Dead has looked at a thick jacket as armor, other than Milton on the TV show. At this point anyway, they had been surviving the walkers for months, and maybe started to get more confident in dealing with them.

  • @slimymeteor said: I live in the midwest myself, and surely there have been warmer days in November, especially lately. It wasn't so cold where Kenny needed a coat, too, in fact he's wearing the same clothes as Lee (shirt and undershirt). But, maybe it wasn't warm. Maybe it got wet and shrunk, becoming too uncomfortable to wear. Maybe it got ripped or torn. Maybe he and Kenny just left in a hurry and he forgot it. There are a million different things that could have happened to it, but none that are important to the story.

    You're acting like Lee KNEW he was going to get bitten on the arm. I don't think he thought of the jacket as armor as he could've just as easily been bitten on the legs, hands, head or neck. I don't think really anybody in the Walking Dead has looked at a thick jacket as armor, other than Milton on the TV show. At this point anyway, they had been surviving the walkers for months, and maybe started to get more confident in dealing with them.

    It doesn't take a genius to realize that thick clothing is effective against bites. Hell, Rick was saved by his jacket in the comics when he was bitten. Sure, he could still be bitten somewhere else, but with severely reduced chances.

    Also, a bit of rain isn't going to shrink leather (especially not in a week or two) and people don't just leave valuable things lying around in the zombie apocalypse. They were freaking out over a broken flashlight, and a leather jacket is far more valuable.

  • @Riadon said: It doesn't take a genius to realize that thick clothing is effective against bites. Hell, Rick was saved by his jacket in the comics when he was bitten. Sure, he could still be bitten somewhere else, but with severely reduced chances.

    Also, a bit of rain isn't going to shrink leather (especially not in a week or two) and people don't just leave valuable things lying around in the zombie apocalypse. They were freaking out over a broken flashlight, and a leather jacket is far more valuable.

    It may not take a genius to realize that, but it's not unbelievable that they didn't. They'd probably be more concerned about ways to prevent them from getting close enough to be able to bite in the first place. These are people who have never heard of zombies before the outbreak, so what may seem like common sense to us is not as easily recognized to people in that universe.

    If you choose to conceal the bite at the end of episode 4, Lee pulls his sleeve down to conceal it. Was it pulled up during the bite? If so, why? Perhaps he could have pulled his sleeve up even if he still had the jacket, making it's defensive use worthless regardless.

    As for the light, the odds of finding a functional flashlight is far less than a simple piece of clothing, hence the concern.

  • Maybe he left it behind in the rush to leave the motel.

  • TT Definitly did this on purpose they knew if Lee had his nice sexy leather jacket we wouldnt have this problem.

  • User Avatar Image
    harrisonpink Telltale Alumni

    I like to think that it got ruined in the rain storm at the end of episode 2. :)

  • @harrisonpink said: I like to think that it got ruined in the rain storm at the end of episode 2. :)

    Then it was either a shitty quality of jacket, or it was an acid rain.

  • Leather jackets save lives. In the comic, Rick was wearing his jacket when he was bitten full force on the shoulder by a zombie, and because of the jacket he walked away clean.

Add Comment