User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 23.5K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Only if you don't have a good target. Did you even play episode 4?

• @Corcline27 said: Molly gets shot!?

Only if you don't take Clementine with you, she CAN get shot (if you take Clem, she'll save her regardless whether you shoot or not, you won't hurt Molly)

@Corcline27 said: Only if you don't have a good target. Did you even play episode 4?

You may ACCIDENTALY shoot Molly, only if (as I already said) you don't take Clementine with you.

• @Lingvort said: Only if you don't take Clementine with you, she CAN get shot (if you take Clem, she'll save her regardless whether you shoot or not, you won't hurt Molly)

You may ACCIDENTALY shoot Molly, only if (as I already said) you don't take Clementine with you.

Two Thanks too Lingvort.

• Let's clear this up:

Who you may NOT play as:
    -Lee (he's dead)
    -Clementine (her voice actor said that she will act accordingly to Lee's last tips; I have my doubts though)

Who you may play as:
    -Omid/Christa (unlikely)
    -Kenny (unlikely)
    -Molly (likely since last time we saw her she was alive)
    -New character (even more likely)

• I don't think we would play as Clementine or anyone from old cast either - though possible, I believe TellTale will involve new hero in the season 2.

• I want a new story. With just a few hints and references to season 1. Cameo for Clem.

• Its too easy to just start a fresh. Dont cop out. Keep it going and use the genius charecter of Clem
    .You cant just make this bond you have to use it.

• Well a good idea would install a character that can be good or bad by nature. Clementine would not be a good selection since your choices can vary meaning that Lees choices would not have full affect. A totally new character such as a person like Rick Grimes who was in a coma or a person locked up in jail with no idea of what is going on can make it interesting. Lets go with the prison idea. This character can either be bad or good based on his history and it can explain the two people up on the hill. It would also make a kick ass intro and explain how the two people on the hill saw clementine. Since the second too last thing Lee said to Clementine could have been to not trust strangers or to join a group this may have an effect on that as well. Thats what they should do.

• @The Fallen said: I want a new story. With just a few hints and references to season 1. Cameo for Clem.

i agree with this.
    i think alot of times with movies, games, etc when there's some kind of hard (or sad or cliffhanger) ending the fans want to know what happens they want answers, but i dont think thats always the best thing to do. example off the top of my head: people would wonder and discuss how does the force work in star wars then it was answered very boringly with midochlorians. i do wonder what will happen to clem and the others but for my own sake i dont think i should be answered. i liked that the game pretty much ended when you die just like it would in real life. people always talk about the ending of the sopranos, but no one ever talks about the later seasons of heros, because they werent very good. having some kind of controversial ending can be a good thing. there are exceptions and i will probably play whatever comes next either way, but think a new group/story would be better than a sequel.

Add Comment