User Avatar Image

windows 8? -not very tech savvy-

posted by ohioisonfire on - last edited - Viewed by 439 users

I have an HP laptop and I am using windows 8 64bit. I am attempting to download The Walking Dead Game onto my laptop, because I was informed that the game was compatible with windows 8. Whilst trying to download the game, things got very complicated and I'm not quite sure what to do. I have to have an Xbox Live account, in order to download and play it off of the app store? Is it not compatible on my laptop? I would really like some advice, I am not very tech savvy at all and enjoy the game.

13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Actually the game is not officially supported on Windows 8, but it works for some people, sometimes requiring workarounds.

Where did you buy the game?
    If you have bought the Xbox version, that won't work on your laptop.

• Ahh, that makes sense. I bough it from the game store. Their telling me that I had to get an Xbox live account so I thought that if I downloaded the Xbox version, it might have played. Hah, I'm really not that good with technical things

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

So are you good with playing it on the xbox?
    You should use xbox live there, so it can download updates.

• I don't have an xbox, so I am not quite sure what to do :(

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

I am a bit confused now. The disc you bought, what does it say on the cover? Is it for xbox or PC?

• No no no, I didn't buy a disk, I wanted to buy the app from the app store. Sorry for the confusion

• I was told that you could play it on Windows 8, in the app store. But the only download they had there was Xbox, so I tried to download it, thinking that if I get an Xbox live account from my computer, but of course, that didn't work out. So now I'm wondering how to even download it at all.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Ah, i see. You have at least two options. You can buy it here in the store, or at Steam.

I highly suggest you post your dxdiag info first, so i can check if your laptop meets the system requirements.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.
    Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "dxdiag" and hit enter

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Open the file and press Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+C to copy the contents, and paste them in a reply by pressing CTRL-V.
    Sometimes the Forums spam filter catches long posts like this. Don't worry, we can still see them and make them visible.

• Uh, I believe that this is my info

Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.121119-1606)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP 2000 Notebook PC
    BIOS: F.62
    Processor: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~1.3GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3682MB RAM
    Page File: 2555MB used, 4838MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Most of the information is missing. Please copy the entire file contents as i described above.

Add Comment