User Avatar Image

How have save file glitches affected your experience?

posted by stindo on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

See poll

115 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @be_prime said: As a programmer, I understand that bugs in software are going to happen regardless of the best efforts of programmers and QA staff. I'm sure Telltale isn't any happier about this than their affected customers -- they obviously care about making games, and want players to enjoy the experience.

I'm affected by the issue described elsewhere in this thread where I can't continue on to Episode 5 from my saved game. When I try and start Episode 5 it asks me if I want to generate random choices, and if I play back through the final sequence of Episode 4 from my saved game it shows Episode 5 as "Coming soon."

This is a really unfortunate bug because for me, the continuity of my choices between episodes makes me an active, emotionally invested participant in the story. Without that continuity it's like watching a pilot episode of a television show: interesting, perhaps, but flat. How much fun is a choose-your-own-adventure book if you're forced to open to a random page whenever you read the book?

My expectation is that Telltale will work to fix the issue, and that they'll review their development practices to prevent this category of issues in the future. I can wait a while to finish the series. Still, it's regrettable!

I doubt they're going to do anything about it. Sucks because i like the game, but telltale doesn't seem to give a crap about this. They made they're money.

• here's my deal I use steam too and I can't seem to get past episode 1 it looks like its saving and all but once I go back to play episode 2 it tells me do you want to go back to play here yes/no. of course there are no other games saved. As if i've played all the episodes allready.

• Sounds like TTG is already committed to telling people with problems in Season 1 to go pound sand and eff themselves.

TTG is already patting themselves on the back trying to get interest for Season 2 without ever fixing Season 1.

Talk about a sham-company... Ubisoft, EA, Activision, etc would never get such a free pass in the press.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/07/telltale-figuring-out-save-file-transfers-to-walking-dead-seas/

• @holeydonut said: Sounds like TTG is already committed to telling people with problems in Season 1 to go pound sand and eff themselves.

TTG is already patting themselves on the back trying to get interest for Season 2 without ever fixing Season 1.

Talk about a sham-company... Ubisoft, EA, Activision, etc would never get such a free pass in the press.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/07/telltale-figuring-out-save-file-transfers-to-walking-dead-seas/

I here ya. I tried to get my money back when my saves were erased and was told the same.

If the episodes can not even transfer properly how does TT expect to get seasons to?

• Happened to me once, when I bought the game for the Xbox. Happened when I got to episode four. It didn't bug me though.

• I recommended this game to two friends and they have both had save issues, where their progress stops being saved and they're unable to continue the game. I've spent hours trying to find a solution for them to no avail and telltale won't even acknowledge the problem. I feel horrible i ever recommended the game since both their experiences with it have been ruined. I absolutely loved this game but telltale will be losing three customers due to this bug and their apathy towards fixing it.

• @AbsoluteAnarchy said: I recommended this game to two friends and they have both had save issues, where their progress stops being saved and they're unable to continue the game. I've spent hours trying to find a solution for them to no avail and telltale won't even acknowledge the problem. I feel horrible i ever recommended the game since both their experiences with it have been ruined. I absolutely loved this game but telltale will be losing three customers due to this bug and their apathy towards fixing it.

Well get your friends to vote in this thread. Telltale says that there aren't many affected gamers so they don't care to find a fix.

• @holeydonut said: Well get your friends to vote in this thread. Telltale says that there aren't many affected gamers so they don't care to find a fix.

source that said that? i mean, i believe it. I just hope it's not true.

• I realize how lucky I was after both my Brother's and my playthrough with my friend corrupted

It is a problem and I hope it will be solved but I doubt it

• @mkane24 said: source that said that? i mean, i believe it. I just hope it's not true.

https://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36085

Telltale games has claimed numerous times that they have received "a small number" of complaints for PS3 save corruption. They asserted they were making a patch for that system.

But in reality these complaints have been rolling in since Episode 2 was made available (PC, Xbox, and PS3).

Telltale has never formally acknowledged that there was a problem with the Xbox or PC versions (although the support forum would indicate otherwise). As such, they have not demonstrated activity that would indicate that they were actively fixing issues. TTG has been quick to claim "small number" and MattP in the forums makes it sound like it's user error asking if gamers are dashboarding or turning off their Xbox while the game is saving.

And if it isn't obvious by now, they never actually released a patch on the PS3 that addressed the issue, and continue to sell their buggy games without recourse from the gaming press.

Add Comment