User Avatar Image

Chuck The episode 4 (spoiler)

posted by Chanut_N on - last edited - Viewed by 633 users

He is dead :eek:

But :confused:

So much for the guy who's got an individual thread analysing him.

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Hassat Hunter said: Meh, the magical hobo with all answers out of the question soon?

Good thing. It was annoying to have a super-character. Also annoyed he had to die as a super-character.

I suppose I'm the only one who really disliked this unbelievable char in the whole story?

No you weren't. I didn't trust him from the beginning and I said so in a thread or two. Something about him just wasn't right. I started to trust him only when I saw him lying dead. I figured he'd earned it then.

• The thing that I hated was that you can reload the opening scene over and over again, but you can never head shot that one zombie that Chuck has to take out. To me that seemed awfully cheap.

Then again, it's quite ironic that Chuck never travelled in a group before for better survival odds and when he travels in a group he manages to get himself killed in the first big fight they have. Maybe the game is trying to tell us Chuck had a good thing going for him before we decided to hijack his house.

• @StreetsAhead24 said: It was like Carley or Doug's death never happened in episode 4 and it bothered me that Lee didn't even mention either of them in this episode, since the majority of fans were shocked and saddened by it.

Lee has also never mentioned his ex-wife even once. Lee doesn't seem to be the talkative guy when it comes to these things.

• @oraclekun said: The thing that I hated was that you can reload the opening scene over and over again, but you can never head shot that one zombie that Chuck has to take out. To me that seemed awfully cheap.

Then again, it's quite ironic that Chuck never travelled in a group before for better survival odds and when he travels in a group he manages to get himself killed in the first big fight they have. Maybe the game is trying to tell us Chuck had a good thing going for him before we decided to hijack his house.

Molly made out pretty well on her own before she joined us for the Crawford raid. It seems like a lot of people accidentally shot her, which caused the walkers to close in and possibly kill her. Even if she survives, she bails when you get back to the house because she says she does better on her own anyway. Hell, I actually contemplated shooting her on purpose because there wasn't enough room in the boat. Maybe the theme of the game is actually that Lone Wolves survive the longest.

• @YamiRaziel said: He died like a hero. He knew our characters for how long.. few days? He was ready to sacrifice himself for Clem and Kenny (in my game)... who's been with me for months, who's kid I saved and fed, who's kid I took care of, Kenny, who's wife I saved as well... he said he won't help Clem because Lee wasn't backing him up...
    Chuck is a true hero... he deserves to be Batman... however, Batman doesn't die... but Lee cannot be Batman as well anymore. Maybe Ben will be Batman in my game. Guess Duck was wrong! Ben was Batman and Duck was Jason Todd... yeah :D

I don't even think Chuck was with Lee for that long. It should only of taken them a matter of hours to get to Savannah by train from Macon. I thought they arrived at Savannah the same day they met chuck since the game usually shows how much time has advanced like with episode 2 that opens showing us the words 3 months later and in episode 3 where Kenny talks about abandoned car being raided by the 1 week ago in the opening scene.

• When I first started to get know Chuck, I was optimistic. His life experience seemed to be a useful thing to have to relax the tensions that the group experienced after what happened by the RV in episode 3. Unfortunately, Ben is a coward. I hate you Ben. :mad:

• @Rock114 said: Agreed. Chuck is a hero, and gave his life for a little girl. I just wish we could have shot him in the head in the sewers, so he didn't reanimate. Felt bad about not being able to do that.

There was no need. Lee himself says he must have saved his last bullet for himself, i.e. he shot himself in the head before the walkers got him.

Chuck was a good man, and did indeed die a hero. I just wish he would have gotten at least more than three lines in the entirety of episode 4...

Also, anyone who finds Chuck unbelievable or a "super-character" instead of Molly does not have their priorities straight.

• There should've been at least an option to tell the group about Chuck's death.

The way the acted after they ditched Lee, its like only Omid cared a bit :(

I mean, they don't even wonder if he's alive!

• Telltale wanted to show with his death that Lee wouldn't always be there for the deaths, and sometimes it's just arbitrary and cruel, and that's the world they live in.

• I wish there was another choice like with Carley and Doug. Between Chuck and Ben? Chuck and Molly? Regardless, I just wanted him to live a little longer. I wish I got to see his reaction to Clementine being kidnapped and Lee getting bitten.

Add Comment