User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 199.8K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Didn't we have a writing thread or was that for nanawrimo?

• I thought it was for NaNoWriMo. The thing that I can never do. It's okay, though. I found a better way of getting writing done. Short Stories.

Also, I would be interested in a writing thread. Now that I have discovered Google docs (actually, that happened a while ago), I could even start sharing stuff.

• I'm totally in, but if you create one, would you link to it? This is the only thread I check anymore >.>

• So for one wonderful week, I had a Galaxy S III. It was all fancy and red and did all kinds of cool things.

What it didn't do was notify me of incoming calls.

The phone would intermittently ignore the network, not taking calls and delaying my incoming texts until either it decided to pay attention again or I tried to make an outgoing call. So after spending a decent chunk of my day dealing with it, the old phone is back on its way to Amazon and I've made a trip to the AT&T store to get a new mini-SIM card for my old Captivate (AT&T's original Galaxy S), as the S3 takes a micro-SIM.

Oh, and other than my time, I'm also out $12, because my screen protector was attached to the busted phone and I couldn't save it for the new phone, so I had to order a new one.

• @DAISHI said: Didn't we have a writing thread or was that for nanawrimo?

We also had a little writing thread here but it wasn't exactly the same.

Also, I don't usually make fun of typos, and I don't want to derail that thread (so I'll post it here), but:

@DAISHI said: Also curious what you call a story that's less than 2 words. To date, I don't think I've ever written a short story that was that long.

Makes me wonder how many one-word stories I could write. Try: "Run!", "Yikes!", "Monster!", "Whoa!", "Jeez....", "Please?", "Sigh...."

"Ack!"

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@WarpSpeed said:
    Makes me wonder how many one-word stories I could write. Try: "Run!", "Yikes!", "Monster!", "Whoa!", "Jeez....", "Please?", "Sigh...."

"Ack!"

"Onceuponatimetherewasamanwhocouldnotpunctuate..."

Yeah you got me, that's not a real word. :p

• My wife and I are looking into adopting a Golden Retriever dog from a rescue.

• @WarpSpeed said: Makes me wonder how many one-word stories I could write. Try: "Run!", "Yikes!", "Monster!", "Whoa!", "Jeez....", "Please?", "Sigh...."

"Ack!"

Obviously, I meant 2k :P But very short stories can be a lot of fun. There are a bunch that are 5 words long, for instance. My shortest one to date is 10 words long, though:

As they yelled "surprise!", I wished I was wearing pants.

I actually worked on a book called "1, 2, 5" which (in theory) had stories with a gradually larger number of words (10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000) but I never finished it. I think I'll work on it some more. Maybe I'll add 3 stories of 1, 2 and 5 words respectively, too :P

• I realized I could write a whole lot of Star Trek fanfics like this, too:

Engage!
    Romulans!
    Klingons!
    Borg!
    Phasers!
    Computer!
    Wormhole!
    Holodeck.
    Paradox.
    Q! (Hey, a one-letter story!)
    WarpSpeed! (That's two words, you say? Well, maybe they're just addressing me! It's my fanfic, and I can be Mary Sue if I wanna!)

This discussion has been closed.