User Avatar Image

Do only small level/indie game companies give quality service

posted by TheBigGuns on - last edited - Viewed by 178 users

Is just me or is the good service a must at only small level game companies, like Telltale games ,excellent prices get physical copies for free when you buy all the episodes you only have to pay for shipping, quality titles and I can go on and on.

What surprised me most was a little level visual novel company Hanako games give you backup copies if you own the game for 5 dollars http://www.hanakogames.com/cds.shtml .

Also there was another small level indie level company. I emailed them questions about the plot and they answered all of them and when I said that my save file was broken and I needed a save file at a certain scene they gave it to me.

Besides Valve are there any big fishes that care and if no why?
Are all big level companies EA and Ubisoft?

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've found this is generally the case, but among the larger companies, I've always found Blizzard to have great service.

  • @BlankCanvasDJ said: I've found this is generally the case, but among the larger companies, I've always found Blizzard to have great service.



    Yeah Blizzard and Valve are 2 big companies known for excellent service. But what is excellent service?

  • Yeah Blizzard and Valve are 2 big companies known for excellent service.



    So, you call spending weeks of not getting you your hacked account back and then just forgetting about it until you remind them about it for 10th freakin' time as literally half a year goes by (Blizzard) and literally refusing to remove your region-locked games so you could just buy them again from Steam store itself (Valve) excellent service? Good to know. :p

  • @Farlander said: and literally refusing to remove your region-locked games so you could just buy them again from Steam store itself (Valve) excellent service? Good to know. :p



    I had them remove 9 games from my list without problem. Maybe the German Steam support is just better?

  • If I wanted to, I could just ask them to remove the GOTY edition of Oblivion from my list so I could get the GOTY Deluxe edition. Or whatever it was called. Steam isn't that difficult with such things.

  • @Farlander said: So, you call spending weeks of not getting you your hacked account back and then just forgetting about it until you remind them about it for 10th freakin' time as literally half a year goes by (Blizzard) and literally refusing to remove your region-locked games so you could just buy them again from Steam store itself (Valve) excellent service? Good to know. :p



    There are always exceptions to the rule, especially when dealing with the number of customers that Blizzard and Valve have. But in general, they have great service.

    I've never had an issue with anything I got from Valve but I have had the occasional issue with Blizzard games (in their defense, I buy more Blizzard games than Valve games) and they've always gone above and beyond to help me out. Y'know, as long as I treat the guys like human beings instead of just bitching at them. :p

  • @BlankCanvasDJ said: I've found this is generally the case, but among the larger companies, I've always found Blizzard to have great service.

    It's a shame that Blizzard's games aren't sold on GOG or Steam, though.

  • @BlankCanvasDJ said: Y'know, as long as I treat the guys like human beings instead of just bitching at them. :p



    Yeah, there's also that. Service goes two ways. Treat one right, and you get treated right, treat one bad, and the other might piss in your food.

  • @GaryCXJk said: Yeah, there's also that. Service goes two ways. Treat one right, and you get treated right, treat one bad, and the other might piss in your food.



    I'm always respectful in conversations with customer service itself, even when the ****ers fail to provide ANY of the supposed service or fail to treat ME as a human being too. Just because I'm complaining here doesn't mean I act like a whiny ass when talking to them.

  • @Farlander said: I'm always respectful in conversations with customer service itself, even when the ****ers fail to provide ANY of the supposed service or fail to treat ME as a human being too. Just because I'm complaining here doesn't mean I act like a whiny ass when talking to them.



    Sorry, Farlander, I didn't intend to imply that you did that. I was just talking more generally about the many, many people I've seen who do treat those poor service people like they're personally responsible for every videogame hiccup in history.

Add Comment