User Avatar Image

Any one know why Katjaa killed herself?

posted by dancingwithvodka on - last edited - Viewed by 959 users

Was it as simple as the fact that Duck was bitten and she couldnt live without him?

Dont your think she would have wanted to live for Kenny?

Thoughts?

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @zev_zev said: There is nothing worse than to see how your child is dying. Many people was asking: "Why if Clementine dead (train station for example, when she was trapped with walker), why game tells me "You are dead"? I can answer: because Lee can't live without her, he are dead from the inside, and if Clem dies in train station, Lee shot himself (or another suicide). And I can understand why Katjaa did that.

If you don't save Clem in the train station. A walker grabs Lee while he is in shock. he doesn't kill himself.

• @trd84 said: If you don't save Clem in the train station. A walker grabs Lee while he is in shock. he doesn't kill himself.

no? that happens in ep 1

• @aaron1290 said: no? that happens in ep 1

He gets grabbed through the gate.

• @trd84 said: He gets grabbed through the gate.

He puts his hand through there trying to save clementine

• @aaron1290 said: He puts his hand through there trying to save clementine

And thats how he gets grabbed. It doesn't actually show it. But lee gets pulled into the bars right before it cuts away.

• She's stupid. Didn't think about the effect it would have on her husband.

• @zev_zev said: There is nothing worse than to see how your child is dying. Many people was asking: "Why if Clementine dead (train station for example, when she was trapped with walker), why game tells me "You are dead"? I can answer: because Lee can't live without her, he are dead from the inside, and if Clem dies in train station, Lee shot himself (or another suicide). And I can understand why Katjaa did that.

But Clementine can live without Lee =/

• @Nuked said: She's stupid. Didn't think about the effect it would have on her husband.

I know I shouldn't say it, but I feel like she was being selfish. Yeah, her son is dying but what about Kenny? Did she even bother thinking about him, and with that situation, he probably feels the same as her but he doesn't like the thought of taking your own life. They already lost their son, and she just ends up killing herself to save herself from the emotional damage without thinking about the people who loves and cares for her. :\

• What's interesting about Katjaa is that, compared to Kenny, she was the most rational one at first. She understood Duck won't make it to Savannah on the very, very rare chance the city held and a cure existed. She understood the reasons why she needed to put Duck out of his misery, and explained it to Kenny on the train. But when it came down to it, she wasn't able to shoot Duck and shot herself instead. :(

• @AnnaSan said: I know I shouldn't say it, but I feel like she was being selfish. Yeah, her son is dying but what about Kenny? Did she even bother thinking about him, and with that situation, he probably feels the same as her but he doesn't like the thought of taking your own life. They already lost their son, and she just ends up killing herself to save herself from the emotional damage without thinking about the people who loves and cares for her. :\

This makes me wonder whether Kenny himself had something to do Katjaa's decision to shoot herself. I'm not dismissing Duck--it's a big deal. But I think Katjaa was already going through some intense psychological trauma when she found out Kenny killed Larry. She was pretty distressed when she found out, so from her perspective, she probably lost Kenny already. Her husband is not the same man she used to care about. When Duck got bitten, that sealed the deal.

Later on the train, Kenny tells Lee depending on conversation choices that Katjaa had been arguing with him every night to be nicer to the group, so this further suggests marital rifts.

So her "losing" Kenny and losing Duck alongside all the crazy stuff at the RV probably put so much pressure on her that Katjaa decided there was nothing left in the world for her. Still, she could've shot Duck herself.

Add Comment