User Avatar Image

Season 3 Soundtrack Waiting Thread

posted by SylvF on - last edited - Viewed by 12.8K users

Now that the last episode has been released, any chance the season 3 soundtrack will come out shortly? I love this song for this season's opener, and "Charlie Hotep" and all the various on those chants have been stuck in my head for weeks (This whole series has such great music. Bosco's theme hasn't left my ipod).

I also think it would be great if the soundtrack came out on itunes, because that would save me the agonizing wait time of several days for a shipped CD. But I'm not picky.

572 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Cheeseness said: I'd still love to see/hear/throw money at a season 3 soundtrack <3

Me, also!

• You know, at the rate this is going, the Soundtrack for Season Three might as well be called "Project Godot."

• *comes back after months*

Helllo?

Anybody?

:(

• Since there aren't even any traces of the soundtracks from the first two seasons in the Telltale store, I don't have high hopes for the third. Which is a shame, because shortly after The Devil's Playhouse I decided that the soundtrack would be my next purchase from Telltale.

I hear some of the games they've made since then were pretty good, too.

• Season 1 and 2 on GoG.com has the soundtrack. Still nothing on S3 soundtrack. Heresy.

• So why exactly are there no more copies of the season 1 and 2 soundtracks? Just the cost of making them? You could go the download route and just sell digital copies in the store. Could do the same for season 3 although my hopes for that are pretty nonexistant at the moment.

• you know at this point they can at least go digital copy on iTunes or band camp or whatever.

• I've already written telltale an email about this, but would you guys consider ripping or downloading the Devil's Playhouse soundtrack to be sleazy or illegal?

It's hard to tell if that's just enjoying somebody's work, or being disrespectful about it.
    (uh, this is only keeping in mind that the soundtrack can't be purchased)

• I don't. Someone ripped it and I listen to it often and I made a hand-drawn cover for it.

I would purchase it in a heartbeat if it was available, but it isn't. Plus, I bought the game, so instead of playing endlessly to listen to the soundtrack...

• @wellgolly said: I've already written telltale an email about this, but would you guys consider ripping or downloading the Devil's Playhouse soundtrack to be sleazy or illegal?

Ripping the music from a game I've bought, for my own personal use? I don't see anything wrong with that. Downloading it? I don't know. Seems like a slightly grayer area to me, but if it's not available in any other form...

(Of course, if Telltale were to overcome their crippling fear of my money, and release it on CD like they did with the first two seasons, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. If they only released it as a digital download... Eh, I don't know. Maybe, maybe not.)

Add Comment