User Avatar Image

What is your favorite movie?

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

This is a place where you can tell everyone your favorite movies,your most favorite movie :).

My favorite movie is The Incredibles. I love this movie because Pixar perfectly made fun of superheroes in this movie while still having a serious story. The characters are great and Mr.Incredible's need to do hero work is good because it shows us how hard it is for a hero to just stop hero stuff and be normal. It is shown further when we see that his boss is a person who will not help anyone and only thinks of himself and his company. The comedy is great too like when it makes fun of how villains always make a big speech when they have their enemies right where they want them.

I still wonder why Pixar decided to make a Cars 2 instead of a Incredibles 2. The Incredibles goes up with the Toy Story Trilogy & Monsters Inc as my favorite Pixar movie and i think it is one of Pixar's greatest movies.

89 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Probably doesn't help that "one of the best movies of the year" got unseated at #1 in week two by a generic Texas Chainsaw sequel nobody cares about(and I have most of the series). That's got to hurt.

• People just don't appreciate good movies like they used to. Wait, they never did. Nevermind.

• I just don't think people are going to the movies. I'm well into the horror community and even the general consensus there was disinterest in Texas Chainsaw. It definitely isnt mainstream either. I was honestly shocked to see it unseat Django. I really was. Those 3D ticket prices really help this time of year I suppose.

• I think people who go see Texas Chainsaw aren't what I'd classify as horror fans. I'd put them in the "soft snuff" category of viewer.

• @Alcoremortis said: It pains me when I recommend it to people and they won't go see it because they "don't like Tarantino".

PityTheFool.jpg

• I thought Django was pretty damn stupid. First of all, the violence was dumb and unnecessary, the plot was somewhat like Tarantino’s last movie, the jokes were dumb (with the exception of the Baghead scene), the dialogue made me face-palm, and no one needed to see Jamie Foxx upside-down nutsack! I’ll give it this, though: DiCaprio, Waltz, and Jackson made it worth watching.

• @Noname215 said: I thought Django was pretty damn stupid. First of all, the violence was dumb and unnecessary, the plot was somewhat like Tarantino’s last movie, the jokes were dumb (with the exception of the Baghead scene), the dialogue made me face-palm, and no one needed to see Jamie Foxx upside-down nutsack! I’ll give it this, though: DiCaprio, Waltz, and Jackson made it worth watching.

How is it anything like Inglorious Basterds plot wise? The only callback to any other movie I caught was a nod to Blazing Saddles and then back to Tarantino's own Reservoir Dogs with the play acting within a movie, which by the way is a genius way to remind you that it's a movie, so yes...have all the fun you can watching it.

Also, the violence dumb and unnecessary? Hello, this is Quentin Tarantino and a Western (err Southern) so it was always going to have that. This is what he does. It felt more rewarding for the bad guys to actually be shown to get horrible deaths, because that's what makes it great. It's visual flair...icing on the cake. Cathartic.

• The movie did what it was meant to do, and that was emulate the spaghetti western type of genre, particularly the original Django movies, which were so bloody and violent that they were banned in England. Hence, having a non-bloody movie would have betrayed one of the main draws of the original.

• @Alcoremortis said: The movie did what it was meant to do, and that was emulate the spaghetti western type of genre, particularly the original Django movies, which were so bloody and violent that they were banned in England. Hence, having a non-bloody movie would have betrayed one of the main draws of the original.

That cameo by the original Django was brilliant!

• @Noname215 said: I thought Django was pretty damn stupid. First of all, the violence was dumb and unnecessary, the plot was somewhat like Tarantino’s last movie, the jokes were dumb (with the exception of the Baghead scene), the dialogue made me face-palm, and no one needed to see Jamie Foxx upside-down nutsack! I’ll give it this, though: DiCaprio, Waltz, and Jackson made it worth watching.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. But you just made the one post you needed to make to piss me right off.

Also, I'm going to go on record and state that Django is literally a perfect movie. Even the bad performances were intentional and great for it. I'll also say that I haven't seen a movie in the past four or five years that was as satisfying to me as this one, and there wasn't one thing wrong with it.

Add Comment