User Avatar Image

Obsession with Clem

posted by Corcline27 on - last edited - Viewed by 429 users

Is it just me or were there a lot of people trying to take Clem "off your hands" in this season? Vernon, radio man, Jolene(in her creepy video), christa even hints at it. Is it because being around children/ protecting them makes us feel like in the days before the ZA? Let me know what you think!

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I still thing Crazy Man/Radioman actually never had a family and was already stalking one. That he had basicly done to another group already what he planned to do to Lee's.

• @DreadMagus said:
    Vernon is the only real question mark - personally I think he and his group are pedo.

Actually, I think it was because since you went on an embark to get batteries, gasoline, and medicine, you risked your life and everyone elses in your group, and Vernon didn't like that. He didn't like how you constantly risk leaving her alone. If you noticed, when he was talking about taking Clem, he said "We have food, we have enough supplies to last us a while." Basically saying that they wouldn't have to go on a life risking endeavour for a long time. They're well protected, well hidden, and have supplies? That's better than someone who doesn't have all that.

I still threatened him though.

• @Toasty said: Actually, I think it was because since you went on an embark to get batteries, gasoline, and medicine, you risked your life and everyone elses in your group, and Vernon didn't like that. He didn't like how you constantly risk leaving her alone. If you noticed, when he was talking about taking Clem, he said "We have food, we have enough supplies to last us a while." Basically saying that they wouldn't have to go on a life risking endeavour for a long time. They're well protected, well hidden, and have supplies? That's better than someone who doesn't have all that.

I still threatened him though.

Sending her with him is a worse idea in the long run anyway. Those supplies are going to run out eventually, and Vernon can barely handle a gun against a friendly human, let alone several walkers. He and Clementine would be guaranteed dead, if not from starvation then by the walkers or bandits while searching for food.

It does seem like he sees Lee unfit as a father figure and that he and his group would do a better job.

• @Mornai said: Sending her with him is a worse idea in the long run anyway. Those supplies are going to run out eventually, and Vernon can barely handle a gun against a friendly human, let alone several walkers. He and Clementine would be guaranteed dead, if not from starvation then by the walkers or bandits while searching for food.

It does seem like he sees Lee unfit as a father figure and that he and his group would do a better job.

Yes, she pretty much would be guaranteed dead. But that's not what Vernon thinks though. He thinks since he had a daughter before, that he would be able to handle any problem him and Clemtine come into contact with, would be able to support her and so on. I believe he had the right intentions, but didn't see the bad side of things. I still think Lee is a better father figure.

• While on the topic of father figures, I bet Mark would have been a perfect person to let take Clem after Lee died. Too bad he and lee are both gone. Poor Clem.

• @Toasty said: Actually, I think it was because since you went on an embark to get batteries, gasoline, and medicine, you risked your life and everyone elses in your group, and Vernon didn't like that. He didn't like how you constantly risk leaving her alone.

He didn't like how I decided to not leave her alone.

• @FireflyCube said: He didn't like how I decided to not leave her alone.

Okay, makes sense. But even with that thought, in his mind it would've been safer than bringing her with you to a potential death sentence.

• @Corcline27 said: While on the topic of father figures, I bet Mark would have been a perfect person to let take Clem after Lee died. Too bad he and lee are both gone. Poor Clem.

I think maybe when he's older because he seemed like he was in his mid twenties, but he seems liked he'd be a good father later.

• @Bananapatcher said: I think maybe when he's older because he seemed like he was in his mid twenties, but he seems liked he'd be a good father later.

What would he be to Clem then? a friend? or an older brother?

Add Comment