User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 16.8K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If you think about it, it's still possible for Lee to be alive.

    If you choose to amputate his arm, it's obvious that it helps, because he passes out less than if you don't.
    It's possible that after amputation, the only times he passes out was because of blood loss.
    Even at the very end, it's possible that he only becomes pale because of losing blood, and he passes out instead of turning when he's in the jewelery store.
    So, if you handcuff him to the radiator, choose not to shoot him, and he does only pass out because of losing blood, he could still be alive.

    Again, I said it's possible, not probable.

  • @Chainsaw_bunny

    Unfortunately his death is confirmed by everyone at TTG so arguing his fate is useless since we know exactly what happened to him.

  • @Vladisimo said: @Chainsaw_bunny

    Unfortunately his death is confirmed by everyone at TTG so arguing his fate is useless since we know exactly what happened to him.



    While it's confirmed he is dead, perhaps we will see Lee as a walker in season 2. Since they're talking about importing save files, maybe those who chose to leave Lee will get a scene with him zombified. The handcuffs shouldn't be too much of an issue, since like the walker cop the arm could just decay to the point where it rips off.

  • Like I said, it was a long shot.
    I just thought it should be mentioned, in case TellTale wants to pull a fast one.
    Kinda like what they did with the end of The Devil's Playhouse.

    Then again, these are two completely different series.

  • I was thinking maybe that Lee just passed out from blood loss and that he could be the main character again, but that's out the window. Maybe play as another one of the Season 1 characters, I'd personally like to be Kenny or Molly.

  • @Nuked said: I was thinking maybe that Lee just passed out from blood loss and that he could be the main character again, but that's out the window. Maybe play as another one of the Season 1 characters, I'd personally like to be Kenny or Molly.



    S1 Spoiler inside only read if you have finished game:
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    what if you chose to shoot Lee at the end.

  • I just hope we get to Atlanta in Season 2 and see Merle Dixon without a hand running from walkers. As very distant and barely noticeable.

  • @Acension said: S1 Spoiler inside only read if you have finished game:
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    what if you chose to shoot Lee at the end.



    He's already been confirmed dead anyway.

  • @Nuked said: He's already been confirmed dead anyway.



    Confirmation isn't always solid evidence and the fact that they are barely into the concept of the game means they can change things and disregard early confirmations and heck might have tryed to mislead our thinking with false confirmations plus Lee's "death" can be perceived in different ways so....yeah.

  • @TheCrawlingDead said: Confirmation isn't always solid evidence and the fact that they are barely into the concept of the game means they can change things and disregard early confirmations and heck might have tryed to mislead our thinking with false confirmations plus Lee's "death" can be perceived in different ways so....yeah.


    It could be possible that they're misleading us in the same way that they add a "Carley will remember that" notification moments before she gets killed.

    I honestly don't see that happening, but I'd be happy if Lee was still alive somehow.

Add Comment