User Avatar Image

Telltale Made some mistakes :/

posted by KingOfTheDead on - last edited - Viewed by 334 users

We'll i've been replaying this game for a while now i havent really put much thinking on how these scenerios play out then something hit me. In Episode 3 we had a total of 6 guns 3 rifles and 3 pistols. Where did these weapons go?
I understand if Lily took the RV she had almost everything,but what about everyone else. There are 4 guns unaccounted for were did they go TT?

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The ending was a pretty big mistake.

• @xXNinjaScoreXx said: Why put Doug in parentheses? He was still saved by many people, He doesn't need to be separated like he isn't important! Carley also isn't much! She jus-Ok...I get too carried away when it comes to people "Ignoring Doug." He is still a very useful character. [/RANT]

:p

I wouldn't say he's very useful. He has his moments to shine but in the grand scale of things he is more in the background than all of the other core characters. I wouldn't say he is unimportant but he is less valued than Carly by the majority and for good reason.

I only kept Doug alive in my second play through to see all of the possible ways the game could play out but doing so only reaffirmed that my original decision to save Carly over him was the right choice. Hence why, I for one, consider my Carly save file canon.

Telltale definitely put more thought and care into the Carly character, the amount of lines and scenes she has over Doug speaks for it self. Then you throw in the heart to heart moments and intimacy she can have with Lee makes her seem more valid and congruent in the grand scale of the story.

As for saying Carly isn't much, even if I favoured Doug for reasons other than his usefulness I still couldn't deny that Carly did far more for the group within the first few hour of being with them than Doug probably did in 3 episodes. I say this because she saved Duck, going against Lilly's wishes when the group first arrived at Macon, she argued in favour of Lee's group being allowed to stay in the pharmacy, then she saves either Lee or Clementine from the walker in the toilet. She goes to help rescue Glen with Lee and helps clear out the motor inn with Lee so the group can go back there later to live. She shoots at least 4 zombies when the pharmacy is attacked at the end. In episode 2 she consoles Lee about his past, she rescues Lee by shooting Danny's ear. In episode 3 she gives Lee advice regarding his secret past, explaining the consequence of the group hearing his past from someone over than himself and she assists during their defense against the bandits.

Doug distracts the walkers so Lee can get the keys to save Larry.(That was the reason since the group were no longer trapped.)Doug makes an impressive alarm system which didn't really make a difference to the group in the long term and didn't keep them any more safe than they were with Lilly and Carly on look out and finally he distracts Andy with a laser pointer to give Lee the upper hand in battle. Those are his contributions to the walking dead game. Doug practically apologies for his lack of usefulness in episode 3 when he explains that he can't do anything without having any tools, which they did not have and we all know that he doesn't like guns.

• LoL you counting guns, if you play Sherlock Holmes on the game continuously you will find major loopholes at part , every game has them.

• @EDG3 said: LoL you counting guns, if you play Sherlock Holmes on the game continuously you will find major loopholes at part , every game has them.

still TT needs to pay attention

• @KingOfTheDead said: still TT needs to pay attention

yeah they really do, at least such obvious things like the fact that Clem is 8, 9 in Ep5 but also she's a first grader :eek: ... (I know, that one was mentioned in other threads like X-thousand times)

• @ZeroShoot said: yeah they really do, at least such obvious things like the fact that Clem is 8, 9 in Ep5 but also she's a first grader :eek: ... (I know, that one was mentioned in other threads like X-thousand times)

I don't know how the US-School system works.

• I came to the conclusion that on the whole the game is given to us two clips for Glock-17, that is, 34 bullets, I remember all the shots from the Glock starting from the moment when bandits attacked a Motel, and ending point where Lee, Kenny Omid and Christa are gunned down in the house, Lee has got last 5 bullets, everything converges (+ teaching Clem to shoot. Without misses)

• zombies clawing at the front door to the catholic school every time Lee walks by, suddenly Ben walks by to get the axe and they've all somehow disappeared

Kenny, the sole completely able-bodied man left, doesn't even try to pull up Christa from inside the building before jumping down to give her a boost

Lee helps Doug/Carly and Ben get to the RV during the escape from the motel before Katjaa and the kids

• @ZeroShoot said: yeah they really do, at least such obvious things like the fact that Clem is 8, 9 in Ep5 but also she's a first grader :eek: ... (I know, that one was mentioned in other threads like X-thousand times)

well, she did say it was easy ;)

• @dee23 said:

Doug distracts the walkers so Lee can get the keys to save Larry.(That was the reason since the group were no longer trapped.)Doug makes an impressive alarm system which didn't really make a difference to the group in the long term and didn't keep them any more safe than they were with Lilly and Carly on look out and finally he distracts Andy with a laser pointer to give Lee the upper hand in battle. Those are his contributions to the walking dead game. Doug practically apologies for his lack of usefulness in episode 3 when he explains that he can't do anything without having any tools, which they did not have and we all know that he doesn't like guns.

that alarm system might have kept bandits from getting over the wall during the attacks post-St. Johns' farm. (they could shoot from a distance, but they couldn't get through without setting off the alarm.) we just might not have been privy to that.

Add Comment