User Avatar Image

What happened to Lee's leather jacket?

posted by Riadon on - last edited - Viewed by 597 users

I just don't understand why Lee suddenly goes from wearing a leather jacket in episode 2 to the thin shirt he was wearing in episode 1. There is no way in hell a zombie could bite through a leather jacket, if Lee was wearing the jacket when he was bitten, it wouldn't have done shit to him.

The jacket, if you don't remember it:

http://i5.minus.com/iZC1vilVflq5L.png

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • TT Definitly did this on purpose they knew if Lee had his nice sexy leather jacket we wouldnt have this problem.

• User Avatar Image
    harrisonpink Telltale Staff

I like to think that it got ruined in the rain storm at the end of episode 2. :)

• @harrisonpink said: I like to think that it got ruined in the rain storm at the end of episode 2. :)

Then it was either a shitty quality of jacket, or it was an acid rain.

• Leather jackets save lives. In the comic, Rick was wearing his jacket when he was bitten full force on the shoulder by a zombie, and because of the jacket he walked away clean.

• @harrisonpink said: I like to think that it got ruined in the rain storm at the end of episode 2. :)

You can stand out in the middle of a hurricane and the jacket would suffer no real damage. Leather isn't exactly sensitive to rain.

Must have been raining bleach.

• @slimymeteor said: On the day chapter three began, it had gotten a tad warmer, so Lee opted not to wear the jacket that day, leaving it in his room at the motel. After the raid, the group escaped the motor inn pretty quickly, not stopping to grab any personal belongings other than what was already in the RV. The leather jacket is still hanging in the closet in Lee's room at the motor inn. There's your storyline explanation!

Chapter 3 was only a week after the ending of chapter 2 and the weather was going to get colder which is why it was recommended that Clementine took the hooded jumper. Lee not wearing the jacket was a game design choice that had nothing to do with the plot.

• @slimymeteor said: On the day chapter three began, it had gotten a tad warmer, so Lee opted not to wear the jacket that day, leaving it in his room at the motel. After the raid, the group escaped the motor inn pretty quickly, not stopping to grab any personal belongings other than what was already in the RV. The leather jacket is still hanging in the closet in Lee's room at the motor inn. There's your storyline explanation!

If it was warmer Clementine wouldn't have needed to be wearing the red hooded jumper, Lilly wouldn't have been wearing her leather jacket and Carly wouldn't have been wearing a new hooded coat. In fact Carly was wearing warmer clothing in episode 3 than she was in episode 2 and even in episode 2 she was wearing a body warmer.

• @slimymeteor said: I live in the midwest myself, and surely there have been warmer days in November, especially lately. It wasn't so cold where Kenny needed a coat, too, in fact he's wearing the same clothes as Lee (shirt and undershirt). But, maybe it wasn't warm. Maybe it got wet and shrunk, becoming too uncomfortable to wear. Maybe it got ripped or torn. Maybe he and Kenny just left in a hurry and he forgot it. There are a million different things that could have happened to it, but none that are important to the story.

You're acting like Lee KNEW he was going to get bitten on the arm. I don't think he thought of the jacket as armor as he could've just as easily been bitten on the legs, hands, head or neck. I don't think really anybody in the Walking Dead has looked at a thick jacket as armor, other than Milton on the TV show. At this point anyway, they had been surviving the walkers for months, and maybe started to get more confident in dealing with them.

The difference being, that Kenny never had a coat to begin with. Ben had a jacket, Carly had a body warmer but later found a warm coat, Lilly had a leather jacket and Lee had a 3 layered outfit. Even if it was warmer the shirt he was wearing in episode 2 was red. It's not like he was wearing his blue shirt from episode 1 under the leather jacket he had in episode 2. The game design choice is a mystery. Lee's clothes in episode 3 have nothing to do with the weather or the plot and we will probably never know why Telltale chose to give Lee the same clothes he had in episode 1 whilst choosing for all of the other characters to wear new clothes. Even duck has a new snazzy shirt.

• @Tracerhaha said: Maybe he left it behind in the rush to leave the motel.

Even if he chose not to wear his jacket from episode 2 when he went out with Kenny and left the jacket behind when they left the motor inn in a hurry, he wasn't wearing his blue shirt from episode 1 in episode 2 any way. He was wearing a red shirt under his leather jacket so why not have him wear the red shirt? The simple answer is, it was Telltale's design choice for the episode. Clearly they preferred how Lee looked wearing the original clothes from episode 1.

• That sure was a damn cool Jacket!

Add Comment