User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]The Walking Dead episode 5 and entire game REVIEW thread

posted by Vainamoinen on - last edited - Viewed by 6.2K users

Yup, this is it. Post your long and short, detailed or general, random or specific thoughts about the last episode and concluding thoughts about the Season right here.

No spoiler tags necessary, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU'VE PLAYED THE EPISODES!!!

(poll rates the whole game, not just episode 5)

278 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I rated this game an 8 simply because of the words next to it. Using my own scoring system this game would have got a 9/10. The reason it wasn't 10/10 is because it didn't have multiple endings based on choice and the inability to change the story much based on choice. I'm not bashing TT for it, just my idea of a perfect flawless game would be The Walking Dead with lots of story changing choices.

I loved the camera work, examples of this are during the raiding of the abandoned car. If you choose not to steal from it, showing Clem holding Lee's hand. Another is when you are fighting the brother at the dairy farm and have to decide between killing him or leaving him. With your friends at one side and him at the other, felt like choosing my friends or revenge.
    I also loved how this game was able to give me a great deal of emotions and take me from one extreme (hope) to the other (desperation) within a matter of minutes. (during the escape from the motel and the break down of the group). The ending itself was golden. I have never played a game or watched a movie where I was so emotionally invested with the characters that I cried, but TT pulled it off with the bond between Lee and Clem. This game is one of my favourite games of all time, no other story has been so rich. The only problem is with replayability due to the already mentioned lack of changes based on choice. Its like a good book, you will want to read it again sometime in the future but reading it over and over again will just get old fast.

• Throughout the whole credits, I was crying like a bloody baby. I was saying to myself "no, no no they won't end it like this. It'll be a happy ending." The sad music didn't help; I probably diluted my glass of pepsi to tear water.

Sam & Max Season 3 made me cry at the end, but this is on a whole new level.

TellTale, I will forgive you not making S&M Season 4 if you make Walking Dead Season 2. Kudos, and...

#ForClementine

• It deserved GOTY but when comparing to the rest of Telltale's games...

I loved the series and it was both moving and enjoyable but doesn't compare with Sam and Max, Strong Bad, Back to the future or Wallace and Gromit

• count me among the greatest fans

• 10 - because:
    the story amazed me, and what is more important to me:
    i was really close to the most characters, telltale sure has a talent for making good,
    rememberable and reasonable chars, just like bioware has.
    and also the game totally messed with my expectations and feelings, they
    didn't use those stereotypes like the first Z u see laying around jumps up,
    the secon neither but the 3rd one does and then it scares the shit
    into your pants, or even though you know at least since episode 3 there will
    be no happy ending you still believe in it, wish it badly and you get disappointed
    over and over again, deaths after deaths, this game plays around with your
    feelings and expectations and THAT makes it special, it was lagging a little,
    had a few bugs but seriously i don't care, if i see moments like the one
    at the side of the road, or in the rv with clem, or the meat locker or...
    the well done bad ending *manly tears bro, manly tears...*
    it is depressive, but "the walking dead" never intended to make you feel good,
    or at least not for long. BUT it also has its funny parts, it's hillarious well timed jokes, so that it doesn't feel toooo bad.
    and since the very ending is "open" for now you can think about things will go on
    yourself if TTG starts a new story (which i don't believe) that kinda would break my heart...

• 10/10 The best and most interesting game I have ever played. I loved it so much I finished it 2 times and going on 3rd one. I hope that season 2 will be at least as good as season 1 if not even better!

• Mmmmkay, I guess I am going to get killed now, but I really want to write this comment.

I got first two episodes for free on PS3, and they were awesome. There might be no real choice, but an illusion of choice was nice, and the story was amazing. Well, that was the first two episodes.
    I guess TTG ran way over budget by then, because the game went downhill afterwards. The death of Carley/Doug was very dramatic, but unbelievable. And so pretty much was the rest of ep.3.
    Then comes episode 4, which was fun to some degree, but didn't have any drama element for me. Actually, I personally do not feel like ep.4 moved the story in any sense, it was there just like TTG needed 5 episodes.
    And episode 5 is... boring. No drama, no emotions, nothing. The most expected ending - Lee dies, Clem lives. Who would have thought this is gonna end this way? It's very short to boot. Clem's kidnapper is unbelievable as well. No quest elements (pick up and use an item). By that time, the feeling, the spirit I sensed in ep.1 was long lost.
    And then again, as it have been mentioned lot and lot of times out there - the game does not offer neither choice nor illusion of choice, it's just narative which allows your character to say different phrases at some point. All these claims how all our choices along the story will matter in episode 5 gone poof. The game just takes your input and discards it right away.
    Story-wise, for me the whole season 1 is lame. A killer sacrifices his life to protect the random little girl in zombie-apocalypse. That feels just like 3$-worth book sold on every street corner.
    The music is fine, though it is rarely noticeable.
    There were couple of glitches, including game freeze in ep.3, but they were minor, and didn't affect me much.
    So, despite awesome start, the game was very disappointing to me. I give it 4/10.

• After playing episode 1, 2, and 3 I was sure Telltale games had finished off all its good stuff.... Boy was I wrong. They had a whole deck of cards up their sleeves. I will come right out and say... I cried like a baby as Clem and Lee talked for the last time in that one building. I burst out crying and continued to cry for another 10 minutes after I turned off the computer... This game involved me in such a personal level that every single decision or death impacted me strongly.

I will totally play this game over and over again to see what other different outcomes I can get and see if I can save any more people. Telltale PLEASE bring us Season 2 pronto... the suspense just kills me. GOD... Lee why did u have to die... so sad......

• Didn't like the ending too much, but it was still one of the greatest games I've ever played.

• definitely the most moving video game i have ever played. I picked 10 of course.

Add Comment