User Avatar Image

Did Lee kills his wife????

posted by dubesor on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

I always thought Lee just killed the senator and not his wife but several times the voice actor of Lee (Dave Fennoy) said that Lee also killed his wife.


The first time I read about this when Dave Fennoy said in an interview:

[quote]Lee is a broken man, a former college professor on his way to prison for killing his wife and her lover. [/quote]

And then yesterday another time he said the same in this video:

[quote][...]found his wife in bed with another man, killed them both and was on his way to jail for murder[...][/quote]

Now, either I am completely stupid now or Dave seriously never got told that Lee didn't actually kill his wife.

Why do I think Lee didn't kill his wife?

#1 Well first of all it would have kind of ruined the character of Lee imho. I mean a murder is one thing, but doing a big mistake and rage-killing a guy who sleeps with your wife I can at least somewhat sympathize with. I just don't feel that also killing his wife would fit Lee's character.

#2 in EP1 Lee says to Shawn he doesn't know where his ex-wife is.

#3 In EP1 we hear Carleys story, how she claims she was a news reporter involved in his case. In the entire game she mentions him killing the Senator several times but never mentions him killing his wife.

#4 Throughout the game Lee mentions killing the senator several times. Like in Ep1 towards Clementine (if you choose so), Ep2 on the way to the dairy, EP3 when you follow Carleys advice to several people. Never once is it mentioned that he killed his wife.

#5 In EP5 when talking to Campman you can say you have hurt your wife. Lee will tell the story about how he killed the Senator. He does not say he killed his wife at all but rather says "I was mad at her for so long and I can't imagine how much pain she felt"

Everything within the game made me 100% believe that Lee killed the Senator and no one else.

But Dave Fennoy repeatedly saying he killed his wife too makes me wonder... am I missing something or is he just being completely wrong? Does no one from TTG actually tell their actors the story?

Any enlightenment is appreciated.

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rock114 said: I guess it's up to the player if Lee killed her or not. I actually thought he killed both of them at first, but steadily changed to thinking ti was only the senator over the course of the game. Whenever Lee mentions his wife to Hershel and others, he could just be lying to cover his trail.

    i don't think we should assume lee is lying when we have no evidence to back it up, we could just assume that lee was a serial killer if we are gonna assume he is lying without any evidence to say he was

  • Lee could be lying and thus the player could never know from what he is saying. Unlikely but possible.

    But Carley would at least mention it since she knows the entire story and covered the court case.

    Why would she say "You are Lee Everett who killed a Senator" and later in EP3 "You should tell them that you killed the Senator", and not even once mention his wife if he killed her? Makes no sense.

    I believe Dave Fennoy is just hugely mistaken on this one. And someone from TTG needs to inform him before he does more and more interviews spreading false information lol. People will think it's true since he is the main role in the game after all and would seem like a reliable source on the story.

  • @thestalkinghead said: i don't think we should assume lee is lying when we have no evidence to back it up, we could just assume that lee was a serial killer if we are gonna assume he is lying without any evidence to say he was

    Well why would he come right out and tell people he was a murderer? He lies about the senator's murder for over three months, and even then he has to be convinced to tell people. "I killed my wife, thanks for letting me stay in your barn for the night" doesn't sound like something he'd say if he was a smart man (which he is).

  • @Rock114 said: Well why would he come right out and tell people he was a murderer? He lies about the senator's murder for over three months, and even then he has to be convinced to tell people. "I killed my wife, thanks for letting me stay in your barn for the night" doesn't sound like something he'd say if he was a smart man (which he is).

    he wouldn't say he was a serial killer and a child molester either, so that must mean that is what he is :rolleyes:

    there was never a mention form Lee, Carley, Larry or Lilly that he killed his wife or even two people, so there is no reason to assume he killed anybody other than the senetor

  • @thestalkinghead said: there was never a mention form Lee, Carley, Larry or Lilly that he killed his wife or even two people, so there is no reason to assume he killed anybody other than his wife

    You mean anybody other than the senator, right?

  • @dubesor said: You mean anybody other than the senator, right?

    yup :o

  • I'd peg it as being possible; Larry does say Lee killed "people" before it was something you had to do to survive in episode 1, not just one person. As to why the senator is the only person specifically focused on by people who covered it like Carley, it might have something to do with the fact he was a senator. Look at the shooting in Tucson (incidentally, so glad I moved out of there), it's primarily known for one victim - Gabrielle Giffords, despite the fact she was only one out of nearly twenty people shot.

  • but is was never ever mentioned that he killed his wife but it was mentioned that she was in athens, and it's totally flawed logic to assume just because something wasn't mentioned that means it happened, as i said that could mean that Lee had a sex change changed the colour of her skin and is in fact wonder woman because he never said he was he was borne a man so that must mean he wasn't

  • @thestalkinghead said: but is was never ever mentioned that he killed his wife but it was mentioned that she was in athens, and it's totally flawed logic to assume just because something wasn't mentioned that means it happened, as i said that could mean that Lee had a sex change changed the colour of her skin and is in fact wonder woman because he never said he was he was borne a man so that must mean he wasn't

    Except as I pointed out right at the start, Larry says Lee killed "people", plural.

    You're also using the same flawed logic, Lee doesn't mention that his wife is actually alive in Athens, simply that she's there.

  • @Rommel49 said: Except as I pointed out right at the start, Larry says Lee killed "people", plural.

    You're also using the same flawed logic, Lee doesn't mention that his wife is actually alive in Athens, simply that she's there.

    that could just be a line that wasn't changed, and its not the same logic, i am just saying there is nothing that says he did kill his wife so assuming he did is the same as assuming he was a serial killer.

    there are so many times that it could have been mentioned especially the stranger scene and conversations with carley that it is unlikely that he killed his wife, if anybody can find one hint that he did other than just saying people (what part did he say he killed people?) i will have to admit it is a posibility

Add Comment