User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 43.7K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Eighth Doctor Never Died. It's the truth. He won't die under the current team at Big Finish no matter what rights issues transpire, either; Big Finish have made it clear that the reason the Eighth Doctor still remains their most popular seller is that they can go anywhere with it; they don't need to not run into the Cybermen because we already have a later story where he mentions not running into them for x Years, simply as those later stories haven't been told yet.

• Ooh, you've not had the twist of the Elite spoiled for you, have you? I spoiled it for myself after hearing about how good the twist was and I regretted it (though the twist sort-of reveals itself too soon after a short while, though). Also Energy of the Daleks isn't exactly the most exciting story of them all. :p

In case anyone hasn't seen, Big Finish is offering each of the Destiny of the Doctor titles on Download for a paltry (your currency symbol)4, or in a subscription for 40 your currencies. That's 3.63 per title, which is a fantastic bargain.

• @coolsome said: I bought some audios!

I haven't heard any of those myself, so I can't comment on their quality. Are they your first ones? My first was "mind's Eye" Which was a fifth doctor audio. It was the first time I'd heard of peri too, and I assumed that the other, audio only companion (Erimem) was from the TV series too. At the time the only classic doctor I'd seen was the original.

But yeah, I loved it. It's one of my favourites. I hope you enjoy your audio's.

@Ribs: That is a pretty decent price. Has anyone tried the first one and have any comments on its quality?

• My first ones where Omega and 2 of the Unbound ones (Full fathom 5 and He Jast's at Scars.)

• @Friar said:
    @Ribs: That is a pretty decent price. Has anyone tried the first one and have any comments on its quality?

It's essentially just a third-person companion chronicle; it's probably more similar to The Rosemariners (which has episode 1 available for Streaming from BF), essentially. As such, it's pretty good. I'd recommend checking out the Rosemariners to see if the format jives with you, though. Plus, at the price it's going at, it's not likely to disappoint! (and I'd at least put a pre-order down on the last four of the set, which I'm very excited for (especially as it'd send the message to AudioGo to continue such NuWho collaborations with Big Finish))

• @Ribs said: Ooh, you've not had the twist of the Elite spoiled for you, have you?

I guessed looking at the box tbh.:p

Is Spare Parts any good? I like the Fifth Doctor and so far his audios have been really good (I've only herd 2 hehe)

• @coolsome said: I guessed looking at the box tbh.:p

Is Spare Parts any good? I like the Fifth Doctor and so far his audios have been really good (I've only herd 2 hehe)

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. For me, the fifth doctor is the most consistent in the quality in the audios. Plus he's the doctor I think I'd be closest too, if I was ever cast. I really like his portrayal. He's the only classic doctor that I've seen all the episodes for.

@coolsome said: tumblr_mgey8pkjqh1qj8dvso1_r1_250.giftumblr_mgey8pkjqh1qj8dvso2_r1_250.giftumblr_mgey8pkjqh1qj8dvso3_r2_250.giftumblr_mgey8pkjqh1qj8dvso4_r1_250.giftumblr_mgey8pkjqh1qj8dvso5_r1_250.giftumblr_mgey8pkjqh1qj8dvso6_r1_250.giftumblr_mgey8pkjqh1qj8dvso7_r1_250.giftumblr_mgey8pkjqh1qj8dvso8_r1_250.gif

Now, is that an episode of sherlock or Doctor Who?

• @Friar said: Now, is that an episode of sherlock or Doctor Who?

Does it matter? It'd be so awesome the universe would implode, so no-one'd get to see it anyway.

Add Comment