User Avatar Image

The Goodwill Thread - Gift Your Games (50+ Post Count required)

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 6.6K users

Hey guys. I know us gamers sometimes end up with extra Steam keys (Frozen Synapse comes as a set, for example) or gift copies of games we already own. This thread is a place to offer these copies up to whomever wants them, and pass on the gift of video game giving.

This is a thread out of goodwill, so no trading or selling.

Personally, I have an extra Steam key for each of the following:

Gish
Trauma
Frozen Synapse

if you HAVE NOT gotten a free Steam key from me before (unless you were my Santa recipient or I sent you a birthday gift), and you'd like one of these games, shoot me a PM.

First come first served.

Happy gifting!

GIFTS LIST, curent gift offers:

divisionten offers:
Gish

Darth Marsden offers:
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

JedExodus offers:
Gish

Michael Parks offers:
Overture
Cthulhu Saves the World
Breath of Death VII

SHODANFreeman offers:
Puzzle Agent (via TT's website)

752 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said:
    Also - did you sign up solely to get a free game? That's... that's generally frowned upon.

No, i registered because i can't access one section of the forums.

• And yet you make your first post asking for a game? That's shady.

• Yeah, this is really more for active members of the forums. Probably along the same guidelines as the Secret Santa thread: an account that's 1-2 months old and has about 60 posts.

• I've been going through my disc collections and have found that I have a few duplicates that I don't need. Now I'm just wondering if it's viable to offer these duplicate games to people on here, providing price of postage isn't abhorrent. I suppose it also depends if someone is okay with sharing an address, privately of course.

In any case the duplicates I've found so far are:

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (with big box (optional))
    A Revolution Games collection set (Broken Sword 1 & 2, Beneath a Steel Sky & Lure of the Temptress, also with big box (optional as well))
    Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (disc version from Telltale - they accidentally sent me two replacement copies when I reported that the first disc I got from them didn't work)

Any thoughts?

• @corruptbiggins said: I've been going through my disc collections and have found that I have a few duplicates that I don't need. Now I'm just wondering if it's viable to offer these duplicate games to people on here, providing price of postage isn't abhorrent. I suppose it also depends if someone is okay with sharing an address, privately of course.

In any case the duplicates I've found so far are:

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (with big box (optional))
    A Revolution Games collection set (Broken Sword 1 & 2, Beneath a Steel Sky & Lure of the Temptress, also with big box (optional as well))
    Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (disc version from Telltale - they accidentally sent me two replacement copies when I reported that the first disc I got from them didn't work)

Any thoughts?

Yes, my thoughts are how much would shipping cost to the Midwest USA for one item?

• ^ Same question, but to central Canada? I'm interested in the Revolution collection.

• I suppose the first question would be to ask where YOU are, since then we can make a rough guess as to how much it would cost to get stuff shipped to US.

• Good point. I'm in England.

A quick look at the Royal Mail site shows that I could send a game (not in a big box) from £3.30 for both the USA & Canada. That's based on the package not weighing more than 100 grams. For up to 200 grams it would be £4.42. I've not got any scales here so I'm just getting usable estimates. These sort of prices I'd be happy covering. There are more secure options (such as requiring a signature upon delivery or delivery confirmation) which costs from £8.45 (100g) / £9.57 (200g). All options have delivery time of about 5 days.

If you are wanting the big cardboard boxes I have for some of these then that would probably change the prices.

I would also have to remember to fill out appropriate custom forms but that shouldn't be much of a problem as Royal Mail provide them on their site.

• I'd love that big-box Gabriel Knight, if you're willing.

• Well I guess I'll take the playhouse then.
    I live in the magical land of Germany. How much would the postage be for the non.box version then?

Add Comment