User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 10.4K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Toy Story as you've never seen it before. What it lacks in technical execution it more than makes up for in charm.

• @Darth Marsden said: Toy Story as you've never seen it before. What it lacks in technical execution it more than makes up for in charm.

And now I need to rewatch Toy Story.

• I have read 0 of this thread except the first and last posts. If anyone hasn't seen Toy Story, then I will just say they are missing out on one of the best trilogies film making has ever seen.

The most recent movie I've seen was Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011). I rate this movie as a 2/10. It was just horribly executed. Granted, I gave up on really paying attention, but that's because the film just didn't catch my attention like I hoped it would.

From what I gathered, the one chimp was genetically altered so it had an exponentially growing I.Q. but then after it attacked a civilian it was put into the chimpanzee equivalent of a dog pound. He then orchestrates a break out and what is apparently hundreds of chimps, apes, etc. make a break for the redwood forest while killing a few dozen humans on the way. They also make a stop at the zoo to bust their brethren out. I find it difficult to believe such an extravagant plan stemming from one genetically altered chimp. Some of the others may have been altered too I guess, like I said, I wasn't paying attention. But still.

And the apes looked horribly fake. Especially when the gorilla dies, and there's blood spots but they didn't even try to make it look like there was actual wounds. ugh.

Fawful, this is a bad movie. I can't believe you like it.

• @monkey_05_06 said: I have read 0 of this thread except the first and last posts. If anyone hasn't seen Toy Story, then I will just say they are missing out on one of the best trilogies film making has ever seen.

Our definitions of "best" are wildly divergent.

• @Rather Dashing said: Our definitions of "best" are wildly divergent.

I'm with Dashing on this one.

• I find it unfortunate that anyone is so deprived of basic humanity that they failed to enjoy the wonder that is the Toy Story series.

• How to Train Your Dragon (yeah, not Pixar, but it's friggin' AMAZING), Up and Wall-E FOR THE WIN!

Toy Story is... really, really 'meh'.

• I just rewatched the first one and remembered why I liked it so much as a kid. I think the second and third ones went downhill from the first, because I forgot how brutally sarcastic and hilarious Woody is in the first movie. He really mellowed out by the end of the series to the series' detriment.

• How To Train Your Dragon was one of the most disappointingly slow, uneventful, and droll 3D animated films I've seen. Conceptually it was great, but your "meh" seems tragically misplaced.

• I didn't say I didn't enjoy it. The first one anyway. I just don't think they are anywhere near the top trilogies of all time.

Add Comment