User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 14.6K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @monkey_05_06 said: How To Train Your Dragon was one of the most disappointingly slow, uneventful, and droll 3D animated films I've seen. Conceptually it was great, but your "meh" seems tragically misplaced.

General populace disagrees with you :p But then again, general populace also disagrees with me. So to each his own.

HTTyD is a perfectly paced movie, where there's not a single scene that feels like it's got to go on the cutting floor or feels out of place. And the amount of set-ups and payoffs in the movie is amazing (ranging from simple lines to whole plotpoints). And the Forbidden Friendship scene is so beautiful, the only thing that surpasses it is the first 10 minutes of Up.

Really, HTTyD is one of the most emotional and amazing animated movies there ever is, and if your heart is so black that you can't see that, then I truly pity you. (and, I've included the bold part to point out that your way of disagreeing with somebody else's opinion by calling it 'tragically misplaced' or that person 'deprived of humanity' is REALLY, REALLY annoying. Please don't do that. Thank you.)

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Doesn't mean those who disagree with mine aren't still wrong. :) (And I find your attempt at insulting me to be humorous. To be clear I wasn't intent on insulting anyone, just stating a matter of absolute and irrefutable fact. :p)

• Actually, it's you trying to insult others. I feel everyone else here has responded rather politely.

• Toy Story 1: Really good!
    Toy Story 2: Good, but not as good as the first.
    Toy Story 3: Almost as good as the first, better than the second.

And as a bonus:
    Up: One of my favorite Pixar movies, if not my absolute favorite.
    Wall-E: I go back and forth. I like it a lot, but it is a bit heavyhanded at times.
    How to Train Your Dragon: Dreamwork's best. Just absolute gold.

• I will hold that Megamind was Dreamworks' best. I just watched it again. Never noticed that somehow he ended up with the Arc of the Covenant in his office. I would say that that movie had one of the tightest plots I've ever seen in an animated film. Everything had purpose, even the throwaway gags at the beginning played a part in the end. It made sense. Also, even though they had a talking animal (Minion) it wasn't annoying. Which has got to be a first in a Dreamworks movie.

But I've said this before.

Also the soundtrack was brilliant.

• @Alcoremortis said: I will hold that Megamind was Dreamworks' best. I just watched it again. Never noticed that somehow he ended up with the Arc of the Covenant in his office. I would say that that movie had one of the tightest plots I've ever seen in an animated film. Everything had purpose, even the throwaway gags at the beginning played a part in the end. It made sense. Also, even though they had a talking animal (Minion) it wasn't annoying. Which has got to be a first in a Dreamworks movie.

But I've said this before.

Also the soundtrack was brilliant.

^ Agreed. :)

Megamind has a really deep and engaging story.

The Bourne Legacy - 4/10

Over half of the movie to me felt like a lead up to something totally amazing, and then the movie just stopped. I was left with a dry feeling in my mouth thinking there was something I had missed. So many of the bad guys never got what they deserved and I don't feel many of the things was resolved.
    Maybe I just didn't understand the movie that well.

The action sequences was cool though even if they where on the short side.
    The tie in to the original trilogy really works quite well.

So all in all an ok experience, even though I feel it's not finished and hope they will continue to close some plot points in a possible fifth movie, maybe.

• Hold on, action sequences? Did we see a different movie? There were no action. Scenes until an hour and a half into the movie, and it was a single scene lasting 45 minutes of lazily choreographed action.

• Screw Toy Story. Screw Monkey for liking that shit.

Screw How to Train Your Dragon. Screw Fuklander for liking that shit.

SCREW RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES. (You're a self-hating speciesist if you hate monkeys taking over, Monkey)

And I disagree, Monkey. Everyone is entitled to their opinion....unless it's my opinion, and then I'm right! I'm not joking or being sarcastic. I am literally always right, and the rest of you are shitlords who drool on yourselfs.

Screw all of Dreamworks and Pixar.

• Whoa, I thought this thread was for rating movies you'd watched. Not for making fun of people's taste.

• I'll make fun of Monkey's taste in Toy Story all day long.

Monkey isn't to be taken seriously. He's not out to insult anybody, that's just his humor. You bitches are the ones who got super butthurt at it without realizing he's just trash talking. Never heard of trash talking? It's not serious. It's like when you play a multiplayer game and trash the person playing with you. It's exaggeration. None of it's to be taken seriously. I can't believe I have to explain this concept to you bitches. It's not REAL insults with REAL intent to actually insult.

I'm not kidding about hating all the things people argued about on this page, though. It's all a bunch of shitty generic kids movies with shitty ugly 3D animation.

I don't....I don't think I even have a favorite 3D animated movie. I don't even think I OWN ONE in my movie collection! I like motion capture...does that count? If so, then I like Tintin and that's about it. Every time I watch a 3D animated movie I come away feeling like I wasted my damn time. My time with American animated movies may have come to a close with the 90s. I can enjoy them once in a while- but I never find myself wanting to rewatch any of them.

List of 3D animated American flicks I enjoyed but can't revisit often:

A Bug's Life
    Wall-E
    Finding Nemo
    Kung Fu Panda
    Kung Fu Panda 2
    Shrek

That's um....that's about it.

Claymation is the closest thing I can get to enjoying that shit.

Add Comment