User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 10.3K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You dislike the good movies, but like a terrible movie like Tintin. Nice.

• @DAISHI said: You dislike the good movies, but like a terrible movie like Tintin. Nice.

Ahahaha! That's hilarious that you're trying this "I'll ignore the difference between real insults and trash talking and treat insults the same as trash talking to make him feel insulted and change his stance on trash talking", but in reality I just don't care and it just makes you a complete BITCH. So what's going to happen is that you're just going to be even angrier because you're so butthurt and I'm not going to ever care.

I do think it's RETARDED that my friend Monkey tries to reintegrate himself into this community and he does so in a way that is literally true to himself and funny and you guys take offense and then start just ripping into him. Really nice. What a nice community you guys are.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Guys, can we get back to the original topic of simply rating the last movie you watched and cut back on insulting each other please? I don't want to start issuing warnings.

• @Ribs said: Hold on, action sequences? Did we see a different movie? There were no action. Scenes until an hour and a half into the movie, and it was a single scene lasting 45 minutes of lazily choreographed action.

Now that I think about it there only was that one and that was it, makes the movie even more dull. :)

• Has anyone here seen the How to Train Your Dragon shorts? They're on Netflix, and I don't know if I should bother, what with the record animated straight-to-video sequels have had over the years.

• Rented Dredd the other day.

The movie was okay, lot's of gore I guess, but the action itself isn't quite up to par with other movies I've seen.

Also, I get the feeling that for a Hollywood Blockbuster it had a relative small budget

• I have yet to watch but will buy soon Steins Gate which is supposed to be a excellent anime show that got ranked really well.

ALso a perfect 10 goes to Cowboy Bebop the anime and Grave of the Fireflies the anime which are excellent show/movie in their own right I recommend anyone to watch these two shows their really well made.

Also I recommend a long running anime show called One Piece. It's a excellent show for all ages kids teens or adults. The only bad thing in it for kids is a lil bit of swearing but that is all.

• Hey Fawful, looky here, Lil Kid is an otaku just like you.

Tintin is a terrible movie, and I say that without having watched it. Fawful, you know that I only ever disliked it because you love it so much.

As I type this I am watching the movie Monte Carlo. It's just another "oh no I discovered I secretly look exactly like this celebrity that I've never heard of before in my life and am now suddenly being mistaken for them" movies. The story isn't great. It's quite bad in fact. But the truth is Selena Gomez is hot, so I will watch her crappy movies and listen to her terrible music, because that's what guys do when a girl is hot. If you disagree with me then you're lying. Overall I rate it... 7/10 (Selena herself is an 8.5 obviously).

Last night I watched some B-movie called "Cherry Falls" about a serial killer who targets virgins. It had Brittany Murphy in it, and she was pretty hot. It also had Jay Mohr, and as soon as I saw the way he was acting toward Brittany's character I pinned him as the killer. The story was easily predictable, the acting was horrible, and some of the scenes were just awkward as hell (like the scene where Brittany decides she's gonna have sex with her boyfriend, and starts kicking him in the face telling him to bite her toe "harder, harder". What...??). I give it a 5/10 on the real movie scale, a 7/10 on the B-movie scale (coz Brittany's hot).

At the sake of going off-topic, I will just point out that nobody has the right to tell me what my own intent was. I never said my posts couldn't have been perceived as insulting, I only refuted that it was my intent. That's all I have to say about that.

And now that Monte Carlo is over, I'm watching Almost Famous. It has Zooey Deschanel in it. She's hot too. This is a really awesome movie. I feel like the gratuitous nudity was, well, gratuitous and unnecessary. But an amazing film nevertheless. I give it a 9/10.

• We had free premium channels on Directv this weekend, so I caught a couple of movies.

Dream House 4/10

The acting was fine. It looked good. Didn't find the story believable at all; thought the actions of Daniel Craig's character were dumb. Didn't make me feel the least bit of tension or anything. Since this is a ghost movie, and probably supposed to be at least somewhat scary, that isn't good. I sat through it without shutting it off. Not sure why. It just felt like it was okay for no real reason.

Contagion 7 1/2/ 10
    I found it interesting to see the work that went into tracing the path of a deadly virus as it moved around the world. There were some parts that were a bit slow, but overall entertaining. I liked most of the acting involved, other than Jennifer Ehle. I don't know what it is about her, but I can't stand watching her. Something about the faces she pulls maybe? Speaking of actresses I dislike, this movie gets an extra 1/2 point for bumping one off in the film.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@dustpuffs said: Contagion 7 1/2/ 10

If you hold down ALT and type the numbers 0189, you get the ½ symbol. Just so you know. :)

Add Comment