28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • i trust telltale will do a good job of season 2, so even though i love the characters in the first season and i didn't know them before i played it so there is no reason i couldn't love a completely different set of characters.

maybe even Clementine could have immortal child syndrome and become a bit annoying if it became the walking Clementine game, i don't know, but i think they should just do whatever they think is the best story they can do, and whether that involves Clementine or not is up to them

• No Kenny? Yes. No Clem? Hell no. That would be absolutely horrid, everything Lee accomplished is seen through Clem. If Clem disappears, Lee's presence disappears as well. Lee was an amazing character and protagonist. He deserves better, I don't want him to be forgotten. There wouldn't even be a point in transfering season one game files if they did that. It would be made worse with that ending, it would just be a giant middle finger to the audience.

• Id kill Clem at the end of Season 2. I think closures better and as stated you dont have to become a surrogate. Could try a sibling style relationship. At the end of season 2 end it. Imagine the cryin Season 1 had... times 100.
    I think if they just leave the story its bad writing. Kirkmans comic was the pkint of whats next. Storys get stopped too soon in the Zombie drama. The Walking Dead is about a continuing syory not leaving till they die. Just leaving it is a cop out like makong Lee immune to walkers.
    As I said Clem dieing to end S2 would be just heart breaking.

• Killing Clem would be a big mistake and a bad idea. I think many players will feel like they've been betrayed if Clem dies, and they will also feel like they wasted alot of time of making important choices to form her character and morale.

I'm fine with playing a new protagonist in season 2, but only if Clem lives. Why? Because I spent so much time on making the right choices, and keeping her safe. Clem is the legacy of Lee, she's the light in a dark world.

And if they killed both Clem and Kenny, it would feel like playing a different game. Then all the characters from the earlier episodes in season 1 would be dead, and that would be really bad storytelling.

Look at Mass Effect for example. Some of the squad members in Mass Effect 1&2 are not part of your crew in Mass Effect 3. But they make cameos in missions or a dialogue option, and it ties it all togheter. So if they kill Clem, it will feel like TT don't care about my choices at all. Lee may the protagonist in the first season, but Clem is the most important person.

• @leeclem said: Killing Clem would be a big mistake and a bad idea. I think many players will feel like they've been betrayed if Clem dies, and they will also feel like they wasted alot of time of making important choices to form her character and morale.

I'm fine with playing a new protagonist in season 2, but only if Clem lives. Why? Because I spent so much time on making the right choices, and keeping her safe. Clem is the legacy of Lee, she's the light in a dark world.

And if they killed both Clem and Kenny, it would feel like playing a different game. Then all the characters from the earlier episodes in season 1 would be dead, and that would be really bad storytelling.

Look at Mass Effect for example. Some of the squad members in Mass Effect 1&2 are not part of your crew in Mass Effect 3. But they make cameos in missions or a dialogue option, and it ties it all togheter. So if they kill Clem, it will feel like TT don't care about my choices at all. Lee may the protagonist in the first season, but Clem is the most important person.

Clementine wouldn't have to die to not be in season 2, she could just be out there somewhere living the life lee taught her to live, or as you said about mass effect she could have a cameo, but i think telltale will do a good job i would accept any story they gave us as long as it was good

• Glenn: I'd rather go and know than stay and not know. (Paraphrased)

Ambiguity at Season's 1 end is a great cliffhanger, but just leaving it with Clem's scared little face - I think that's unfair. It's not like the end of the "Sopranos" because Clem pretty much WAS able to see something was coming up over the hill. We should, too!

• Being among those who despise ambiguity, i would hate it if Clem wasn't in Season 2. The whole point of all the actions you have with her in season 1 is to teach her how to survive in this world, and that all goes down the drain if you never know if she ever uses anything you've ever taught her. Protecting her in season 1 would have been pointless, because teaching her anything was a waste since we never know if it helped her survive on her own.

There are plenty of situations(some may even say too many) where fates are left ambiguous that we can think over: Lilly(if you follow the Woodbury book), Molly, Kenny, Omid & Christa. All of these people can retain their unknown fates and that would be fine, but at least Clem needs to return, so we can see if everything we've done for her was worth it. Just as well, there are plenty of different scenarios for her to be involved other than just gaining another guardian.

It becomes quickly apparent that she's one of the main focus points in the game, and if the character of Clementine is thrown in the trash with the 1 minute cliffhanger at the end of season 1, then all the time we've spent with her in those first 5 episodes were a complete waste.

• I want to know what happened to Clem and some sort of confirmation on Lee and Kenny's fate.

• All I want is some concrete conslusion to Clem's story, and to know Kenny's fate. The former much more than the latter. So long as I know that Clem is safe, alone or not, I can feel like my time instructing and protecting her as Lee, as well as Lee's death after saving her, weren't for nothing. As for Kenny, he's my bro, so I'd like to know what happened to him, but I think TT ended his story (if that was indeed the end) in a very good way, and he went out in a really great scene (either one). I'd LIKE to know for sure, but not knowing that won't kill me nearly as much as if we never see Clem again.

• I'm with you on the no Kenny thing. But no Clem? Absolutely not. The thing about TWD is that Rick and Lee had one thing left to live for: children. Without them, we can all become douches in season 2, right?

I'd still like to see a "Lee" figure for Clem in season 2.

Add Comment