User Avatar Image

Best episode in season 1

posted by JordyLicht on - last edited - Viewed by 310 users

So yeah, I liked the thread about putting the episodes in order from best to worst, but I haven't seen a "best episode" thread yet.
I agree it's probably difficult to choose one, but I'm curious what the percentages will be, once everyone has finished the game and voted.

For me it's season 5, and that's gonna get me some arguments, but it had everything for me. Action, emotion, cliffhangers, etc.
I liked all episodes, but episode 5 was clearly ending the season and they threw in some unexpected moments and stuff.

Anyway, what's yours?

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm probably in the minority, but I loved Episode 1.

• @Nuked said: I'm probably in the minority, but I loved Episode 1.

I loved episode 1 too, but i have to say, episode 2 was the best, I never expected the St. Johns to be a family of psycho cannibals.

• @ASSASSINO said: I loved episode 1 too, but i have to say, episode 2 was the best, I never expected the St. Johns to be a family of psycho cannibals.

I knew something was up.

• @Nuked said: I knew something was up.

I really thought the main problem would be the bandits until I saw the back room of the barn. But then I knew we were dealing with a "cannibal clan" and roughly how the rest of the story would go.

I've seen enough versions of this trope I just don't find it shocking any more.

I liked episode three the best because of the way it threw out all my expectations and sucker-punched me in the gut so many times.

Episodes one and two did effectively sucker me into thinking the way the series would go would be our team dealing with a new threat every time, but three refreshingly tossed that out.

• I thought Episode 2 was interesting, since it was the only one that really distracted from the main story.

In the end, the group didn't make any progress towards their ultimate goal.

It reminded me more of an episode of a TV series, where everything's back to normal at the end.

• 2 stands out the most, and I liked it. I would have gone 5 but that'd be unfair because I'd only rate it based on the last 10 minutes.

• Episode 2, there were so many stand out moments in this episode. I especially loved the "camera work". The two best examples would be after beating up the brother and then choosing to kill him or rejoin your friends. Another being when you decide not to steal the supplies and you see a close up of Clem and Lee's hands holding. I was doubting my decision but that made it feel like the right choice.

• Unlike most other people, I loved episode 3. It was the end of some characters story arcs, and introducing others.

• 2 was incredible. It was probably the one to hook me. I thought it was a shame the original group dynamic broke up so quickly since it had a great cast. Aside from that its the only one with a self contained story you could play on its own and it made a brilliant atmosphere.

• @Chainsaw_bunny said: I thought Episode 2 was interesting, since it was the only one that really distracted from the main story.

In the end, the group didn't make any progress towards their ultimate goal.

It reminded me more of an episode of a TV series, where everything's back to normal at the end.

Larry's Death leading up to Lilly's instability.

Destroying the Dairy so the Bandits lose their food source.

Stealing from good ol' Campman.

You were saying :D?

Add Comment