User Avatar Image

Does everybody have a job on these forums?

posted by Lil Kis on - last edited - Viewed by 490 users

I'm probably the only one who doesn't. WHat about everyone else?

64 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Jennifer said: You're lucky in that regard, all the retail jobs I ever had required you to do both.

I do have to jump on when it gets busy, but I'm on there MUCH less now, so I'm relatively happy.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

I'm a research assistant, and a consultant.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Darth Marsden said: I'm basically a shelf stacker, and have been ever since I practically begged to be taken off tills.

I'm curious, what is so terrible about tills?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Been a shelf stacker m'self - all right, for six months only, five years ago - and I can see why it's way better than tills. Well, at least until they put you in frozen foods or spirituous beverages. That sucks. ;)

@divisionten said: I'm a research assistant, and a consultant.

Ambassador 2014?!?

@divisionten said: I'm Telltale's unofficial chief not-Moderator-forum-member.

I sincerely hate to disappoint you, but that is and always will be TomPravetz.

@divisionten said: The forums are part of my job! I'm Telltale's community person.

"community person" sounds even less official than "chief not-Moderator-forum-member". Isn't there an official title like "Telltale Games Senior Manager PR & Community"?

I'm a 'Senior Manager' now, actually. Gotta get rid of that.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@puzzlebox said: I'm curious, what is so terrible about tills?

It's a long story.

I've never liked tills, so when I first started working at the place-that-shall-not-be-named I asked not to be till trained and they didn't have a problem with that, so I spent the first six months stacking shelves. Then we got a new store manager, too many till staff left, and I basically ended up stuck on tills for two years despite repeated requests to be taken off. It all kind of came to a head when I got suspended for 'racial abuse' (complete misunderstanding) and I had a heavy bout of depression. Shortly after that though we got the old manager back, and he finally got me off tills, so that very much helped. It's not the best job in the world by any means - I keep getting shunted around different sections to replace people who suck, basically - but it's not tills and I'll bloody well take it.

• "Oooohooo!

Be getting up at 7.
    Leave the house at 9.
    Goin to work at the supermarket
    Has never been fiiinnee

Oh! Be sitting on a chair all daaayyy!
    Screen starin at meehee
    Customers talkin on and on!
    But they just can't see

Those checkout bluuuhuues!
    Oh Those checkout blues!
    Where the babies are cryin
    And somebody's diein
    And you had to work overtime!
    The checkout blues."

• I alternate between being an office assistant and a freelance illustrator.

• I've not had a job since January 2007. Granted for three of those years I was at university but that finished two and a half years ago and I've been unsuccessfully looking for work ever since. And the main reason I'm trying to find work now (well other than the obvious reasons like money and stuff) is so I have a better chance of getting back into university so I can try again at getting a degree which I failed at last time.

A tad depressing all that when you think about it really. *sigh*

• I am a student in IT-Technology.

• I'm a waiter at an Indian restaurant. Other than that, a student I suppose.

Add Comment