User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 21K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @BenIsKindaCool said: LOL..Better ask who's not agreed.

What do you mean?

• @Vladisimo said: What do you mean?

More would agree than disagree.

• @Nuked said: More would agree than disagree.

Yea,thats what I meant..

• It will be set at least five seconds in the future, I think it will start with Clementine running and puffing to the two silhouette survivors, because they were not walkers, they walked to casually.
    But i don't care how it starts, just as long as Sean Vanaman writes it

• @Nightcurse123 said: It will be set at least five seconds in the future, I think it will start with Clementine running and puffing to the two silhouette survivors, because they were not walkers, they walked to casually.
    But i don't care how it starts, just as long as Sean Vanaman writes it

Actually, I've read around here that the voice actor for Clementine said that she will run or hide from the strangers depending on what you told her in the last few minutes.

• @BenIsKindaCool said: Yea,thats what I meant..

My denial is all I got. I've convinced myself Lee passed out from blood loss.

• @Nuked said: My denial is all I got. I've convinced myself Lee passed out from blood loss.

Me too.

I'd love for them to bring him back, but I know they won't.

I just don't think Clementine's ok to go off on her own yet.

• The only problem I have with a sequel is that the first season gets across the message of The Walking Dead quite succinctly - The Walking Dead is a zombie apocolypse where the survivors are more dangerous than the zombies.

I feel like another season might might live up to the first because of this. Remember, this isn't like a sequel to a regular game here. It's all about the story. Of course, you'd be crazy not to cash in on the phenomenal success of this game.

• @Chainsaw_bunny said: Me too.

I'd love for them to bring him back, but I know they won't.

I just don't think Clementine's ok to go off on her own yet.

My dream plot of season 2 is Kenny finds Lee and they go off to search for Clem.

• Season 2
    Setting: Countryside scenario

Christa was adamant that she hated cities and wanted to move to the countryside. Assuming she is in the group, I imagine that the upcoming season will have rural overtones to it... while trying to move through massively blocked byways (like in the TV series when they had to drudge through the highway slowly)

Since the game seems to complement the TV series, I predict there will be more scenes where you have to hide and avoid huge herds of zombies- similar to the scene in the TV Series at the highway or episode 4 in the tunnels where you turned on the water and a huge group moves by.... but magnify it by a hundred fold.

Moving into the country, you might encounter more hunting scenes to get more food for the group- and perhaps there is a hunting accident?

Character features: Delusions
    With the new upcoming season, after many months of an outbreak people's psychologies will take a turn for the worst. You think cannibalistic psycho's are bad? Wait for the horrors of season 2.

I suggest that the main character suffers through some seriously f'd up delusions, much like a previous forum poster said a few pages back (Page 29?)

The main character might even be something like from Chaos;head the anime, where he must fight through the psychological battles (and physical too). There will be much more psychological battles after this much time as progressed in the series and character's dreams and delusions will come out to play.

For example, your main character has a delusional best friend, who turns out in the end to have died much earlier- much like The Stranger's delusion that his wife was still alive. In the dreams, it can be affected by past events from season 1 with relatively no harm to the plot.

Psychology will be a HUGE part of season 2, if not the main theme that people's delusions will run rampant. Clemie is the only way certain character's can fight these delusions since she is the "moral compass"

Add Comment