1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So, who here still has money to give GOG? Who here is looking for a bundle that you DON'T have to buy every game in just to get the good sale price? The weekend sale is 60% off of the Digital Games Factory titles, including Commandos, Constructor and Creatures. Also, check out this week's episode of This Week in GOG for a news recap AND a hint for the 500th game, coming next week.

Mid-day PSA Edit: Did you support Strike Suit Zero on Kickstarter? Well, Born Ready Games just announced that they're going to be releasing Strike Suit Zero on GOG, and they'll be giving GOG codes to backers who want them. Hurry up though, if you don't contact them you get a Steam code instead.

• We're almost at the finish line here, folks. Active releases 498 and 499 are up, and they're the RTS/Space Sim game O.R.B. for $5.99, and Avernum: The Complete Collection, a series of old school cRPGs, for the launch price of $7.99. So, barring any other removals, the 500th release will be made available on Thursday. What could it be? I'm not saying I can see the future, but I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be something we want, and it's probably going to be Bard's Tale. Or Final Fantasy 7. Or Tomb Raider despite the clue being very specific that it was NOT a platformer. Definitely not Leisure Suit Larry, because that would be awesome.

• All signs are pointing to Bard's Tale. I would love it to be FF7, but it's not going to be.

• I honestly hope it's not Bard's Tale. They said the release would be "special", and I can't see a game that's already widely available and sometimes cheaper as being a "special release".

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Errr... so the hint is "booby". ARgh.

Tomb Raider (2013) pre order. Now THAT would be a game number 500. That would even convince me to BUY that Encharted clone with a multiplayer tacked on.

Well, we'll see what "special" means to the gog guys, and will judge that word accordingly in the future. :p

• They explicitly said it wasn't going to be a platformer. Doesn't that rule out Tomb Raider?

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

The newer one would be an 'action-adventure' or something.

I posit it'll be Leisure Suit Larry. Or possibly something involving birds, but that'd just be mean.

• @Darth Marsden said: The newer one would be an 'action-adventure' or something.

I posit it'll be Leisure Suit Larry. Or possibly something involving birds, but that'd just be mean.

I'd LOVE for it to be Larry, but I don't see that happening. I'm pretty sure it's too mired in red tape to get released any time soon. Unless it's the remake, but why would GOG make an unreleased game their 500th release?

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Well, it DID just get Greenlit on Steam, and I'm guessing Al Lowe owns the rights to at least the first game, otherwise how could he remake it?

Just a theory mind, but it does seem to fit.

• @Darth Marsden said: Well, it DID just get Greenlit on Steam, and I'm guessing Al Lowe owns the rights to at least the first game, otherwise how could he remake it?

Just a theory mind, but it does seem to fit.

That was the new remake that got Greenlit. The originals are still... I honestly have no idea what's going on at this point. I THINK Codemasters owns the IP rights, and are licensing those out to Replay Games to make the remake, but the actual original games may/may not belong to them.

Add Comment