User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 127.2K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @monkey_05_06 said: @Giant Tope: You could always follow my life strategy and just be forever alone. Relationships can't hurt you if you're never in one...ever... :|

No one should ever follow your life strategies. Worst advice ever and I will literally stab you in your 05_06 face.

• Sounds like an anime villains life plans. Who then tries to enforce it on the world.

• I think not dating coworkers largely depends on your job (the more disposable it is, the less you should care) and the coworker you're interested in (the more mature they are, the least it should affect your job is they reject you or there is a break-up). Also, how closely you work with them.
    And to be honest, for a lot of people, work is really the only place you spend enough time with the same people to make meaningful connections that can lead to a relationship.

As for not dating friends, I haven't heard that one before. I don't see why anyone would want to date someone who isn't their friend. "Only date your friends" is way closer to being my rule then the other way around.

• @monkey_05_06 said: Relationships can't hurt you if you're never in one...ever... :|

And legs cannot hurt when they are amputated ... or so some peole claim.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@divisionten said: Except my love for you. It's an indilutable substance.

Also, probably dangerous in high concentration.

Someone will make this his or her signature. I feel it. Just like I felt it when coolsome announced that he could go to Geisha school for Telltale.

@divisionten said:
    And to be honest, for a lot of people, work is really the only place you spend enough time with the same people to make meaningful connections that can lead to a relationship.

I hear you. Yup, that is pretty true.

• @divisionten said: Just got a Kindle. Book suggestions?

The Hobbit
    Lord of the Rings
    Harry Potter
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    The Hunger Games
    The Color of Magic (Discworld)

There are also various classics which you can obtain for cheap/free, but I haven't worked out which version of certain books might have the best formatting out of the box.

Also, there are tools I highly recommend:

Calibre (eBook Library Manager)
    K4MobiDeDRM Calibre plugin (to aid in conversion of eBooks from one format to another. Allows you to repair formatting problems with purchased eBooks)
    Sigil (word processor specifically made for eBooks)

• @Johro said: Don't dip your pen in the company ink!

Seriously though, It's not a big issue if everyone is able to act like a mature adult if things don't work out. You don't need a simple breakup to lead to factions developing on the job. You have to look at things that way going into the relationship as hard as that sometimes is to see. Think to yourself, if things ended badly, how would either of us react at work?

Yes, I've done it. Things were fairly okay afterwords. Our work friends kind of split though. We didn't ask them to "pick sides" or anything. They just kind of did. We were both mature enough not to sink to the lows of trash talking or gossiping to others.

Wasn't this the subject of discussion in an episode of "How I Met Your Mother"?

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@DAISHI said: The only reason people say don't date coworkers is because when you break up yur job will be even more miserable than it was before.

I dated a coworker. Breaking up WOULD make things pretty awkward right now, mostly because we've both left the company and are living happily in sin together on the other side of the continent.

@DAISHI said: Everything is soluble given enough water and time.

What about lipids and other hydrophobic substances?

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@divisionten said: Just got a Kindle. Book suggestions?

I'm half-way through The Blazing World, and I'm enjoying it a lot (it's one of the first science fiction books, about an alternate world which can be accessed through the Earth's North Pole, written by Margaret Cavendish, the Dutchess of Newcastle, in 1666). The book's alternate world contains talking animals and insects which walk upright and covers everything from the known science of the time, to philosophy, religion, and politics.

As I mentioned in the Books: A Literary discussion thread, I went through some trouble finding the book in ePub format, so I made my own. Here's my ePub of it so you don't have to go through the trouble yourself. And since you have a Kindle, here it is in mobi format (converted with Calibre). :)

• @puzzlebox said:
    What about lipids and other hydrophobic substances?

That's in fact a good point. Although hydrophobic substances seem not to be soluble in water (resulting in a two-phase system), small amounts of their molecules always migrate into the hydrophilic phase. So Rather Dashing's statement is true, but you really need loaaaaads of water to completely solve even a small amount of those substances.

This discussion has been closed.