User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 8.0K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@turbotj said: I love that this conversation is still going.

It wasn't. You just posted in a thread that was 6 months old. Don't do that again, please.

• @Darth Marsden said: It wasn't. You just posted in a thread that was 6 months old. Don't do that again, please.

Wait, hold on a sec, just a minute here and huh?

You're saying I can't post in a forum of something I'm interested in?? Then what the heck am I supposed to do?

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

I was asking you not to bump what is effectively a dead topic (while also correcting you on the point that the "conversation was still going"). That's all.

• A Bones game would be great.

bones-tv-show-f17.jpg
    ........Murray?

• Okay, I've got three possibilities here:

Spaceballs: A game based on a Sci-Fi movie. Sure the cartoon series bombed, but Telltale could do way better here.

Men In Tights: Okay, this one's a bit tricky, mostly since the story of Robin Hood is pretty much a complete story, and everything already has been done in that movie.

Blazing Saddles: There hasn't been a lot of adventure games set in the Wild West, so this one could definitely work. Also I haven't seen it yet.

History of the World: Part 2: Okay, I know that part of the joke here was that there was only one History of the World, but wouldn't it be hilarious if there actually was a part 2? No? Never mind then.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@GaryCXJk said: History of the World: Part 2: Okay, I know that part of the joke here was that there was only one History of the World, but wouldn't it be hilarious if there actually was a part 2? No? Never mind then.

Part 2? No.

Part 3? YES.

• @GaryCXJk said: Okay, I've got three possibilities here:

Spaceballs: A game based on a Sci-Fi movie. Sure the cartoon series bombed, but Telltale could do way better here.

Men In Tights: Okay, this one's a bit tricky, mostly since the story of Robin Hood is pretty much a complete story, and everything already has been done in that movie.

Blazing Saddles: There hasn't been a lot of adventure games set in the Wild West, so this one could definitely work. Also I haven't seen it yet.

History of the World: Part 2: Okay, I know that part of the joke here was that there was only one History of the World, but wouldn't it be hilarious if there actually was a part 2? No? Never mind then.

I would support every last one of these although Spaceballs, my favorite movie ever, would get my first vote! And I thought I was the only one who enjoyed History of the World Part 1.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Nope! It's like a test around here - if you didn't enjoy it, then PISS OFF.

:p

• HOTW Part 2 was basically going to be ANOTHER Hitler parody, wasn't it.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

There was never going to be a Part 2.

The title of the film's a parody of Sir Walter Raleigh's 'The Historie of the World, Volume I' (he was beheaded before he could complete any more).

Add Comment